1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Want to make DVD with multichannel lossless audio

Discussion in 'High resolution audio' started by Gu357, Jun 10, 2009.

1. Gu357

Gu357 Member

I have a 4 channel flac file that I want to play on a dvd in lossless format. I can make a video dvd that plays audio files during menus.
    I was thinking a multichannel wav (dont think this will work)
    or DTS lossless but I don't know how to convert to this.
    Please help

2. Gu357

Gu357 Member

I sort of figured it out; I can output each flac channel to a seperate wav file, then use surcode dvd dts to author the audio; then use convertxtodvd or something similar to burn.

3. djscoop

djscoop Active member

DVDs use a form of mpeg compressiong for both audio and video, so whatever format your source file is in, when you create your DVD the authoring program will automatically convert it to the format standard for the DVD audio.

4. wangcui

wangcui Guest

spam edited by ddp

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 9, 2010
  5. bobchew

bobchew Member

i found dvdlab quite interesting..it will accept dts in 96/24 format newer versions even accept them with cpt extension..and using simple menu construction play back under power dvd8 and identifying DTS as DTS 96/24 unlike some other players which assume all dts is 48khz ...trouble is i wanted to create a menu based system disk that plays back several dts 96/24 tracks...using dvd lab..often it wants some dummy video eg slide show...i tried an idea i once used with dvd archtect using a menu as still pic and audio as bkg for it..but dvdlab got into a mess with navigation..the latest dvd lab didnt even have undos..and kept reloading previous projects that would never work..very annoying? anyone else tried to create a dts 96/24 menu based disk? that doesnt need video? btw adobe encore is clumsy and messes up very badly..