1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How-to convert OGM to AVI using 2nd audio stream

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by bobosmite, Jun 12, 2009.

1. bobosmite

bobosmite Member

I'm using Ojosoft Total Video Converter to convert my OGM files to a more compatible AVI format. There are 3 streams: 1-English...2-Japanese...3-text(subtitles). When I try to convert, it uses the first track and I don't see any option to convert using the 2nd track. Is this a limitation of the software? It reports two audio tracks, but defaults to the first.

2. attar

attar Senior member

I don't know anything about the program (Ojosoft Total Video Converter), but you could try using VirtualDubMod to open the file and either disable the audio you don't need or change the stream number.

Load/drag the file into VirtualDubMod.

Click 'Streams' > 'Stream List' and select the audio you want to remove or move.

Click 'Video' > 'Direct Stream Copy'.

Click 'File' > 'Save as.' and select .ogm as the type.

Since the video isn't being recoded, it should save the new file quickly, then load it into your program.
    Good luck.

http://www.afterdawn.com/software/video_software/video_tools/virtualdubmod.cfm

[​IMG]

3. bobosmite

bobosmite Member

Thanks! I was there in VirtualDubMod, doing the exact same thing...but I missed the part where you can save it back into an OGM. I was saving to an AVI and got no audio at all. It works beautifully, thanks again.

4. attar

attar Senior member

Okey-dokey.