1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Removing 2 second gaps from already burned cd's?

Discussion in 'Audio' started by sonicdeth, Jun 18, 2009.

1. sonicdeth

sonicdeth Member

I was wondering if anyone knew the easiest way to remove 2 second gaps between songs on a cd? I was given a cd and all the songs have those irritating 2 second gaps between songs (it's a live show so it's even more noticeable). I don't have the original mp3's, if I did, I know how to burn a cd without the 2 second gaps. But does anyone know how to actually remove the 2 second gaps off of an already burned cd? Thanks in advance for any help.

Brent

2. attar

attar Senior member

I don't know a way to change it on a burned CD - you can extract and concatenate the tracks into one large track using 'CDex' and burn a new disk.

http://cdexos.sourceforge.net/

[​IMG]

3. westbrom

westbrom Guest

just burn disc again with nero but click on remove 2 sec cap

4. sonicdeth

sonicdeth Member

Tried that, didn't work.

5. sonicdeth

sonicdeth Member

Someone told me to try ripping the cd as wavs to my hard drive and then burning with the gaps set to 0. I'll give that a shot.

6. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

That should do it-rerip and burn again w/o 2 sec gaps MusicMatch can do it all.

7. sonicdeth

sonicdeth Member

Hopefully it will. I tried ripping it to my computer as mp3 and burning without the 2 second gaps and it didn't work. I'll see what happens when I rip it as wavs and try it.

8. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

You may have your burning program set to put the two second gap in there. Rip the songs separately and form up your play list. Make sure the cuts don't have the two seconds in the files because they will appear again. You might have to reauthor or edit the mp3 or WAV file to get the 2 secs off. Then compile your playlist and burn it in whatever program you use with no gaps.

Edit: If you're real industrious you could rip it all as one WAV file and open your audio editing software and everywhere the songs end, cut out the silent parts. It's easy to see silence; the line is flat.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2009