1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help converting PlayVix to MPEG2

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by dedrunner, Jun 26, 2009.

1. dedrunner

dedrunner Member

I have several AVI files that are encoded with the PlayVix codec and I would like to convert them to MPEG2 so I can burn them to DVDs. My normal procedure for DivX/Xvid AVI files is to use an AviSynth script and feed them into HC Encoder.

My question is this: If I buy the commercial PlayVix player get.playvix.com will it work with AviSynth? Or, alternatively, does anyone know of any freeware plugins for AviSynth that handles the PlayVix codec?

Finally, what can people tell my about the PlayVix codec? The website claims it is a proprietary format that offers better picture quality than existing codecs, but I've not been able to find any technical info on the web. Is it substantially different than, say, MPEG4? Thanks in advance for any help!

2. attar

attar Senior member

I don't know anything about this codec except that "PlayVix" and "scam" seem to appear in many search results.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2009