1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

converting mpeg1 to mpeg2

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by djit, Mar 28, 2004.

1. djit

djit Member

hello all !

I am trying to convert a VCD into a dvd.

I converted the video.dat files into one mpeg, but i'm wondering how to get these inside DVD-lab, which requires mpeg2 , dvd-ready files. I've searched doom9 but their tutorials didn't help me.
    I basically needs to convert my mpeg-1 file to a mpeg-2, so that i can process it into DVD-lab for chapter editing.

Can someone help me out ?

thanks a lot,

djit

2. whassup

whassup Regular member

Ok, demux the video. Re-encode the audio to 48KHz. Don't remux.

The separate video and audio (48KHz) is now ready to use in DVD-Lab.

Caveat: DVD-Lab will complain the files aren't DVD spec'ed but that's ok since you already know that. Also, in the preview screens, it will show up as green. You cannot preview the actual video but it's fine to put in chapters. Also, not all stand-alones are able to play them (especially the older ones).

However, I've done it myself and it works fine.

3. djit

djit Member

hey wassup :)

thanks for the reply, you are right, it can work but without previewing.

in the meantime, i found a way to convert it , and it works fine, using TMPEGEnc Plus 2.5. It took it 6 hours to convert the whole movie in mpeg2, separating the audio and the video, and afterwards, DVD lab accepted the files without problems, and i could work in it with the preview feature enabled. TMPEG Enc is a nifty program (as DVD-Lab actually ) :)

thanks for the help

*-]

djit