AfterDawn Forums

Inscriptible??

This discussion thread has 4 messages.

I bought a pack of TDK DVD+R a couple of days ago. On the box underneath the DVD+R Label it says "DVD RECORDABLE/DVD INSCRIPTIBLE"

Just wondering what it means by "inscriptible" in terms of DVD R's?

Mart
▼▼ This topic has 3 answers - they are below this advertisement ▼▼
AfterDawn Advertisement
Hiya,

If you remember your French lessons (assuming you have studied French, or one of the other romance languages) the structure of the word INSCRIPTIBLE would have given it away, as would the label and packaging.

INSCRIPTIBLE is French, broadly meaning:

1 - Inscribable
2 - Writable
3 - Recordable

Have Fun....

Life is just more of the same:
yea..I suppose it was a stupid question.

I only did a bit of French at school tho and only got as far as Q: "ous est la livre?" A: La livre est sur la table"

One day I'll go to France and when I do I'll be waiting for someone to lose their book and ask me where it is..I'll just have to hope its on the table, hehe.

Anyway..thanks for answering my dumb question. I'm sure I have many more dumb questions to ask in future :)

Mart
Quote:
yea..I suppose it was a stupid question.
Don't be so hard on yourself! There are quite a few now inactive geniuses that have you beat by a mile :)
This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 29 Mar 2004 @ 6:06

My killer sig came courtesy of bb "El Jefe" mayo.
The Forum Rules You Agreed To! http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/2487
"And there we saw the giants, and we were in our own sight as grasshoppers, and so we were in their sight" - Numbers 13:33
This discussion thread has been automatically closed, as it hasn't received any new posts during the last 180 days. This means that you can't post replies or new questions to this discussion thread.

If you have something to add to this topic, use this page to post your question or comments to a new discussion thread.