1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Eurovox max security

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by Bing1, Feb 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KMACDON

KMACDON Regular member

Hi,

Karljd stated on another thread that this Smart card issue is more an irish issue that you get on say chs like RTE etc the advise he provided is to switch to a premium ch and wait for the codes to update.

Also double check your emulation & emm capture, both should be set to enabled.

Press 'MENU', goto 'LANGUAGE SETTINGS', press '1968' and you should now see two extra options.

emulation should be 'enabled'
    emm capture should be 'enabled'

Save & Exit.

The reason why to check this out is because if you disable your Emulation you will see that your box will say "please insert smart card" on all encrypted chs

To be honest I am not to sure if the firmware will resolve the smartcard issue as it was only released a few days ago but deff worth a try. Best bet is to ask one of the Irish guys Scous, Ferg etc as these doods are fae ireland and would imagine by now they have tested this firmware also.

Hope this helps.

KMAC.

2. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

As Kmac said its just a code update problem. Just put it in standby for a second then change to say Sly sports and let it update. EMM Capture is not required all you need is the emulator enabled, it always is by default.

3. KMACDON

KMACDON Regular member

Not seen you about Scous in a while was you recovering fae the weekend, drowning sorrows like me due to the hoops returning to paradise defeated?

KMAC.

4. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Nope moved house and was in broadband wilderness for a bit, but back in action now. I was over for the Liverpool game at the weekend and only got back last night.......well at least I was happy, sorry for the Hoops though.

5. KMACDON

KMACDON Regular member

Was a shoking game!! was out in Glesga city centre on saturday night for a bit and it was wild in some parts.

Anyway welcome back & may the force be with you.

KMAC.

6. WITKO

WITKO Regular member

thanks for all your advice lads,but the problem is when the s/card pops up' the screen freezes for hours and remote wont work ,then when it comes back time has to be reset epg all over the place ,anyhow reflashed with new f/w see how that works ,thanks again

7. KMACDON

KMACDON Regular member

Hello,

Try a variable gain amplifier such as eb*y item number:360037196758 or 310035733486 both items are the same and are KONIG cable tv booster/amplifier I am not selling these items and are not intended as an advertisement.

if all is well though and you have no pic issue etc why spend the extra cash or go to the hassle.

KMAC.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2008
  8. axxxo

axxxo Regular member

i got the same smart card problem yesterday too, i just switched off the box for a min, plugged it back in again and left it on sly sports and it was back on in 5 mins, havent put the new update on yet but will be shortly, ill leave feedback about it if its requested?

9. iona_ie

iona_ie Member

Cheers for getting back to us KMAC,

I reckon i'll go down that path alright and get a booster for that line and take it from there.

10. KMACDON

KMACDON Regular member

Iona glad I could help, I had a similar sig prob with Starview The Box and it done the trick for me. Although when I switched to the Eurovox Max V 2008 (Black Box) I have not had any issues at all.

Axxxo feedback is always welcome by me anyway, with me being in glasgow I have no way to check it for the Smart Card issue so let us know how it goes. If the new firmware does not fix it I would imagine they will release another update to resolve it soon unless they are awaiting 2009 box before developer's release anything else.

KMAC.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2008
  11. barm

barm Regular member

Saw a new box called 'Eurovox Quantum' on a website.Didn't give much info on it though.Its a satellite reciever

Last edited: Apr 2, 2008
  12. PWEI

PWEI Member

Can anybody tell me if you are using your Eurovox off a basic N*L
    cable connection,do you not get as many stations as you would if you were running it off a basic digital connection? The reason I ask,I bought my brother a Eurovox and I gave him the following frequencies for N*L Dublin,200.100 --> 400.100 with 6887.0 but he is only picking up 120 stations instead of 150.
    Thanks in advance.

13. barm

barm Regular member

Frequencies are 291.00 to 403.00 symbolrate 6.887
    He will get 138 stations

14. PWEI

PWEI Member

Great,thanks a lot for that.

15. Fionnan

Fionnan Member

Hi all,
    My eurovox max v has been updating since about 2pm today. I know my father is having the same problems with his.Has anyone else had this today? Any suggestions, that don't involve re-flashing the firmware as I got a new pc and don't have a serial-USB connection at the moment.

Thanks

16. auvers

auvers Member

Yeah its happening to me as well on Ch**as cable just trying a power scan at the mo

17. DesB

DesB Regular member

There are problems happening all over the place today, check back later as its being worked on!!!! meanwhile just watch emmerdale!!!

18. axxxo

axxxo Regular member

oh no, attack of the soaps

19. jayo2005

jayo2005 Member

same here. tried reflashing with latest patch, restored factory settings, and erased all channels but still the same.

20. jayo2005

jayo2005 Member

my mate has a starview box and his updated in less than a minute and still working fine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.