1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Converting rm or rmvb to AVI

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by dctravis, Aug 5, 2009.

1. dctravis

dctravis Member

Hello, I was curious if anyone knows of a software that I can use to convert a rmvb or rm file to AVI. I have tried many different applications and softwares, but every time that I try to convert the video the video and the audio are extremely out of sync.

2. varnull

varnull Guest

3. dctravis

dctravis Member

it would not allow me to put the rmvb or rm file into the program. It did not recognize the extension. Also, why do people use rmvb? is it the poor quality, or the inability to use on any portable device I have ever seen?

4. varnull

varnull Guest

I have used it on rmvb files many times by renaming them .rm ..it's my stock tool for the job.. check (because you are using winduhz) that you have actually called it rm and not rm.rmvb

I could show a couple of examples.. but they aren't suitable.. the only rmvb stuff I have is seriously adult in nature.

It's a nasty proprietary format.. real meadis.. goes with realplayer.. which was at one time used a lot for internet video.. it's uncommon now.. bbc radio streams still use it for some strange reason.. probably because it's a reasonably good form of drm... apart from the crap quality.. as you have found out.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2009
  5. hh_wang19

hh_wang19 Guest

SPAM removed

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 10, 2009
  6. angelay

angelay Member

I usually use womble MPEG Video Wizard DVD as my converter as well as my video editing software.
    Import your .rm or .rmvb file onto the timeline, then select .avi as file extension when exporting. I have completed converting some files and the audio and video are not out of sync.

Also, there's a app named RM Converter, it's a all-in-one Real Media file conversion tool, it supports dvd, vcd, avi, mpeg... as output format.