1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blindwrite 5 backups won't work

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by AmPaRo, Apr 2, 2004.

1. AmPaRo

AmPaRo Member

Well, the question is that any backup i make with blindwrite 5 will just work if emulated with daemon, but when i burn them the reader wont read it.
    Maybe I should tell this to vso, dunno, any recomendation??

My burner is a NEC ND-1300A

2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

What protections are you trying to back up? The newer protections are very hardware dependant and not many DVD burners are able to properly handle them.

I doubt this is a problem with BW5 as it works very well for me with my copies running fine in my ROM or mounted with Daemon with no emulation. Have you tried BlindWrite5 Tweaker to adjust the read/write speeds? It can help to slow the read/write speeds.

3. AmPaRo

AmPaRo Member

Well, as i said
    , so unprotected cd's also.
    I can backup (for the moment) any protection with alcohol, so it snt a problem with my burner or that i dont know how to do it, the point is that any burned CD wont work in any comp... i hope you understand it this time

4. Shoey

Shoey Guest

Backing up the newer pc game protections such as Safedisc and SecuROM are "hardware" dependent. Your NEC drive can't defeat these protections so you have to rely on virtual stealth drives using emulation (Daemon Tools) and sometimes this won't work. I've been away from the forum awhile but I do recall the Plex Premium (52\32\52x) is a great burner for beating the latest pc game protections.

Shoey

5. Nephilim

Hiya Shoey. Good to see you back :)

6. AmPaRo

AmPaRo Member

Well, sorry for taking so much to reply, but I wasn't at home for the whole week.

U didnt read the whole post :p see this
    Well, also blindwrite 4 backups do work, its just with blindwrite 5...

Lets see if you get the point this time

Last edited: Apr 10, 2004
  7. Nephilim

You're on your own now, bud. We do this on our own time and getting snotty isn't going to get you far.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG][/small]

Last edited: Apr 10, 2004
  8. AmPaRo

AmPaRo Member

Ouch! sorry if what i said annoyed you, but english isnt my mother language and in spanish, it isn`t snotty?(dont know what this means)

so, if it did annoy you, i just can say one thing, sorry

9. Nephilim

No. The apologies lie with me! You're english is very good - I had no idea it was your second language :)

Let me think on this a bit and I'll get back to you.

10. AmPaRo

AmPaRo Member

1st of all, thanks for everything :D

2nd, i've also been thinking for a while and i believe its a compatibility error, because no backu will work, so i'll tell it to blindwrite (i hope they answer as i was using the trial to test it :p)

11. Shoey

Shoey Guest

AmPaRo,
    You've yet to post what you're attempting to backup. Blindwrite 5 is recommended for backing up SecuROM and Alcohol 120 for Safedisc. Your NEC burner isn't a "2 sheep" burner so you'll need the aid of ATIP block (hide cd-r\ignore media type) to play your backups of Safedisc 2.41&up.

12. AmPaRo

AmPaRo Member

Thats the funny thing, the cd's i'm trying to backup arent protected... the protected ones do work o_O

13. Shoey

Shoey Guest

You've yet to inform me, or others what pc\cd prtections you've backed up. I used to own a NEC burner and it couldn't backup Safedisc 2.0(Command& Conquer Red Alert 2).Do the forum a favor and uninstall Blindwrite and Alcohol 120, reboot and play the backups and they'l fail.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]Afterdawn forum rules
    http://www.afterdawn.com/general/legal.cfm
    Please see our guides before posting
    http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/[/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2004
  14. Nephilim

So what are they? Audio, software or something else?

15. AmPaRo

AmPaRo Member

Ahmmm..

Shoey: I backed up Grandia2 (2.51 i believe) and worked in a friend's PC (without alcohol, blindwrite or clonecd), Command and conquer GEnerals ZH just work hiding CDR.

Now i'm trying to backup SW knights of the old republic, the 1st CD is protected with securom NEW 4.87+ and the backup do work, the other 3 CD's wont even be read by the reader/burner :S

16. Shoey

Shoey Guest

With the aid of "hide cd-r" labels your NEC burner as "1 sheep"= writes regular bit patterns almost correctly. Blindwrite 5 is best for backing up SecuROM 4 but no guarentee the backups will work. Many struggle making working backups with SecuROM 4.87. Have you tried using Blindwrite 5 and Blindwrite Tweaker backing up SW knights of the old republic(cd 1)? Google up A-Ray Scanner and you can find the Blindwrite Tweaker tool there at that website.

17. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

AmPaRo: just a curiosity... are these "backups" from originals or from "other originals" ... also, when you are copying an UNprotected cd, are u accidentally using a "protection template"? :)

18. cdkiller

cdkiller Member

Blindwrite 4.5.7.92 is the better version for copying games but the included BWA builder is lame and creates very messy graphs. for BWA creation use BWA builder 5.1 and use the feature "clean last loaded curve" after it completes reading and u should end up with an excellent graph. BWA works better when you disable real-time drawing.

PS if anybody wants my licence file for Blindwrite 5.1 i will give it to them free. I will post it here. simply make a text file and paste the following text into it, then save, rename the file to "license.b5l",place the file in your BlindWrite5 folder, you may need to load blindwrite 5 and import the license from options.

<dont post something like this again>

Last edited: Apr 28, 2004
  19. Nephilim

That's going to get you in serious trouble seriously quick around here! Please read the forum rules about piracy.

I'm with Shoey in that BW5 is the better version. Using BW5 Tweaker to extract topo and the "Write with Plex Premium" function has turned out copies of SecuRom 4.84 that require no emulation and play in my DVDROM fine. I've also backed up SafeDisc 3.1 with equally good results, the copy intstalled and played fine on my other PC that hasn't ever had any sort of emulation or virtual drive apps on it.

20. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

Lets try to stick the rules okie?