1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how can you make your own runescape servers? **NO EMAIL ADDRESSES OR INSTANT BANNING**

Discussion in 'Windows - Games' started by glitchzoo, Jun 8, 2006.

1. Maxsayo

Maxsayo Guest

thank you that was really helpful. i think i'll do the no-ip site for that. i use hexedit since i got that one under brain so i'll pick that, heh...
    as for you runeman17 when making somthing like this it wont be easy. my suggestion is to use moparscape but i prefferr working with the bits and pieces to make mine.

2. Maxsayo

Maxsayo Guest

removed by me.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 21, 2007
  3. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

Maxsayo, what was the reason for your last post?

4. Maxsayo

Maxsayo Guest

thank you that was really helpful. i think i'll do the no-ip site for that. i use hexedit since i got that one under brain so i'll pick that, heh...
    as for you runeman17 when making somthing like this it wont be easy. my suggestion is to use moparscape but i prefferr working with the bits and pieces to make mine.

5. Vicious88

Vicious88 Regular member

If I had to take a guess, I'd say his computer started lagging out and he ended up clicking about randomly. Perhapes his TCP/IP lagged its upload responses and thus his message got posted tree times. Who knows...

However, DDP, if you can, could you perhapes see about removing all but the first post? I doubt that will be a problem for a forum mod, but then again I'm not one so I don't really know the rules and regulations regarding that sort of thing.

6. runeman17

runeman17 Member

i was using thats site u said but it said sevr might be down and i tired over and over again and still wont work

7. Vicious88

Vicious88 Regular member

Its working great for me man. When you go to it, it should forward you from a .info to a .com and you'll end up at http://www.no-ip.com/ where you can sign up and get the client.

A couple of things to note:
    You will need to have a real email address to provide the site, otherwise you can not add forwards or update them (ergo, with my email address to verify the updates, I could not have added vicious.servegame.com to my list of forwards).

Also, once the client is downloaded and running, find the option that allows you to run it as a system service. THIS IS NOT REQUIRED FOR RUNESCAPE, but it does help in case you have a nack of forgetting to turn the DUC on. This option will automaticly bring the No-IP DUC up everytime you start, but it will run quietly in the background with no icon in your notice area.

One last thing, you must use the website in order to add forwards to your account. If you do not know too terribly much about IP addresses, go ahead and leave the lower half of the page alone. All of the defaulted stuff works fine. What you DO want to change though is the text field where you can enter the first half of your forward (the "Vicious" in vicious.servegame.com) and the domain list (the "servegame.com" part). IMPORTANT: Your forward address cannot be longer than 18 characters if you want to use it with RuneScape. This is because of what will and will not fit within the "Server" field when logging in from a client. Example: Vicious.no-ip.info BARELY fits, while as Vicious.servegame.com doesn't fit at all. I suggest having multiple forwards. It will not slow your computer down in any way, but it will give people a list of places to type in to get to your server. (for example, you can either type in Http://cheats.ign.com OR you can type in http://www.gamesages.com - both will take you to the same place).

8. Maxsayo

Maxsayo Guest

yeah, some lag, and a dumb virus scann popped up, tried to click out of that, then an update for my itunes update came up so i clicked outta that, then my window for the site was closed so i thought i clicked outta it, then when i had post reply my same thing was up so i just posted it... tried to remove that fist one but i dont know how to...

9. Vicious88

Vicious88 Regular member

Wow, man I called that one nicely. I'd go play the lottery if I had a dollar to spare.

10. bowmascre

bowmascre Guest

i followed your guild on page5 but javac didnt download with net beans and wer can i get the item and monster IDs from

11. Vicious88

Vicious88 Regular member

Item and Monster IDs would best be searched by google, though when I found them they were in a forum and I had to copy them all over to notepad...

As far as you JAVAC compiler, if you downloaded the NETBEANS thing, it should have been in that JREsomethingorother folder. You may try searching for it with via this route:
    START>Search (its to the right)>All Files and Folders
    Then type in JAVAC and it should automaticly search your entire C drive and find it.

In the EXTREME unlikeliness they changed netbeans to no longer feature a Java Compiler (JAVAC):
    What you'll want to do is google search "Java SDK compiler download" and you should find yourself with a good number of options. I know that I have used the Eclipse SDK (from eclipse.org) along side a compiler before, but I'm not sure if that was a serperate download or not. Hmmm...

That would be twice I've reffered you to google in one post. How odd.

I guess this is to be said, though it's been said before:
    If it exists, its on google.
    If its on google, it probably exists.
    Ergo, if you have google, and are still confused about something, there's probably nothing anyone can do to help you because the rest of the world is just as lost... Either that or luckier than you are.
    (It just dawned on me - I found this forum through google. I'm sure most of you did too.)

12. bowmascre

bowmascre Guest

yes i found this forum on google and the netbeans i got from www.sun.com is netbeans 5 and dont seem to hav javac. i had tried using run before and i dont understand why it doesnt work but (dont tell me how to use it) but ill try google for items IDs not sure wat to look forand the same with monsters IDs on google.ill also try asking my friends if they hav JavaC before google.(i used google more than you did)

13. Vicious88

Vicious88 Regular member

OH! Okay, probably what has happened here was that you have failed to understand just where the JAVAC and how to use it, I am duely sorry if I have failed to explain this... Let me see now:

During the install of NETBEANS it will have installed stuff in two different directories. One of them should be something like:
    C:/Program Files/Netbeans (which is useless for those of us focused on RuneScape)
    and another similar to
    C:/JREsomethingorother

You really can't miss it. It'll be off of your root directory, I mean, seriously, you should NOT have enough files on your root directory to not be able to notice a new one when it appears.

In any case, find the file. In it should be a folder labeled "BIN" and within it should be JAVAC. This, again, presumes you have successfully installed the Netbeans SDK and installed BOTH parts of it (The "JRE" (?) stuff to its folder and the Netbeans stuff to its).

Worst case scenerio is that you'll have to run the Neatbeans installer a second time and read over it carefully as you go. At one point in the install it will as you if you want to change the install directories. The directory path nearest the bottom of the page is where the JAVAC will be installed (only within a BIN folder attached to that path).

I would be a LOT more specific. But seeing as how my desktop is down and I don't really have time to run all of this on my laptop just to answer a question - I'm doing this from memory. But I assure you that if you installed NetBeans and did EVERYTHING to its default settings. There is a folder featuring JRE either in your "Program Folders" or off of your root directory (C:/). And within this magical folder is one called "BIN" and within it is the JAVAC.

NOW FOR HOW TO USE THE JAVAC:
    Once all of your server files have been copied into the BIN folder (where the JAVAC is), all you have to do is run the "Compiler.bat" thing that came in the server download (the one that was previously saying something like "JAVAC not found"). After that has been run, you can start the "Run.bat" thing and your server is ready for you to log in.

I really think I covered all of that in my tutorial... Hmmm...

14. m0parlost

m0parlost Member

OMG IM GOIGN CRAZY!okay ive downloaded mabey 50MBs of java on my cpu,and SDK coems up as soem odd program name 1233535 or sumting!my moparscape java apllet fails ea time,so how do i get it not to fail?

15. Vicious88

Vicious88 Regular member

If you're talking about the client, my friend Davy was running into the same problem and he fixed it by updating his Java runtime. Don't worry its not another download, its an update. Just go to Runescape.com and let their applet load. If the RuneScape client online will work for you, then try re-running your afterwards. That should end all error messages.

16. Punkrjp

Punkrjp Member

I've got a problem while compiling...:
    C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_07\bin>javac *.java
    'javac' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
    operable program or batch file.

C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_07\bin>pause
    Press any key to continue . . .
    I press any key and nothing hapens. And when I run the run file although nothing hapens. Do you know what could be the problem ?

17. Vicious88

Vicious88 Regular member

For All those whom have listened to my advice:
    I hope I have helped at least one of you figure out what it is you need to know. I've repaired my desktop and am re-creating my server, and while I'd love to invite you all to a private game of runescape, it is sadly not going to be that sort of server. My goal has shifted to a much more complicated and demanding server, one which requires multiple databases, as well as SQL editing, in short I've switched my server to: World of Warcraft.

What does this mean? Well this means I'm going to become less frequent in this particular thread, therefore, I'm kind of leaving you guys to look after each other. For a few pages now, I've been the one answering questions. And I really hope I've managed to help people. But I don't know if I will have the time to freqent this post anymore.

In the past 48 hours, I've spent 32 hours grueling over trying to get my private WoW server working, and I did. It was a success in its most basic terms. Still though I have much to do. Right now there are no NPCs and all of my creatures are invisible and I can't fight back when they attack me.

I plan to either find or start a WoW server thread and freqent it in efforts to not only learn what I'm missing, but help others as well. Perhapes I'll see some of you there, perhapes not. Its a much more difficult server to make. In any case, farewell and good luck.

18. Ripper

Ripper Active member

[Off Topic]

@Vicious88: I've been following this thread (mainly cos someone has to) and I'd just like to say what a great job you've done over the last [howevermany] pages. You've helped a lot of people out; nice job.

Good luck with the WoW server.

[/Off Topic]

19. letsgopk1

letsgopk1 Guest

HELP!!!! its says that error connecting to sever
    pls tell me wht i need to do to fix it !!!!!!!!!!

20. runeman17

runeman17 Member

just download the file