1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Eurovox TX For MMDS

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by sc0user, Nov 6, 2007.

1. mmdsinfo

mmdsinfo Member

www.iwantabox.com

out of stock at moment

2. Dulra

Dulra Member

I specified Ireland so that if I ever need to post back that it doesn't cost a fortune - and if I want to send some hired goons around, it is far easier to organise - logistically at least (!)

Don't they say buy Irish - that's what I'm trying to do!!

3. mmdsinfo

mmdsinfo Member

hey m8,

the irish guys that build the eurovox Tx are very small and look strangly like koreans or their neighbours...

if you really want to buy irish there are a group of lads in kerry working on a new box made totally in ireland.. from what i gather a few lads run around peoples houses who have Sky, with camcorders, connected to 2.4ghz video senders
    They'll have it up and running soon!

hahaha...

sorry couldn't resist..

don't know of any irish guys importing em (the way you want em!)

but surely you're not gonna worry about 10euro postage if you get a problem box when you've avoided paying that to the CC in the first place...seems odd..

and do all ye guys know that N2 is on the way!!! you should at least consider the implications this will have down the road.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2007
  4. Dulra

Dulra Member

Thanks again for the (sorta witty?!) reply.
    Suppose 10/15Eur is not too bad - although if you gotta post one of these boxes back, it can be 32Eur registered/27Eur unregistered...just a bit more expensive posting to the UK....damn this country!

Anyway....what is N2?

5. mmdsinfo

mmdsinfo Member

Hi there,

I posted a deambox to the uk to my cousin, I thought it cost me 10euro but maybe I'm thinking for something else.

N2 is nagra2

It's the "new" encryption used by upc in this country..

It was only in dublin until lately but now it's rolling out around the country, anywhere you can get a Thompson PVR system you'll find it as those new PVR boxes use N2 cards.

Both N1 and N2 are running together at moment, but when new cards are issued to everyone N1 will be switched off, and everyone with modded cards and these boxes will be without...

time frame is only speculation at the moment 6months is mentioned a lot, and currently there is no *great* solution to this variant.

(not an expert so verify all of the above for yourself!)

Last edited: Dec 12, 2007
  6. ken63

ken63 Member

I am in the same boat here n Cork annot get the TX to pick up channels anyone any ideas or help

7. barm

barm Regular member

I've used the link below and its spot on.I ordered it for a friend of mine who lives in Kilcullen, it came pre loaded and worked perfect
    http://www.cablereceiver.co.uk/

Also i'm in no way affiliated to 'cable reciever'!!!!!!!!!

8. ken63

ken63 Member

I have set up the TX in Cork on C - - - - s mmds and only get the Setana channels on it the rest are scrambled - any ideas on what to do so as I get the rest of the channels unscrambled .

9. bollyboy

bollyboy Member

If after scanning and picking the channels up your having a problem with Bad/scrambled signal and there not clearing the box may still have the factory sotware on.
    Please check the System info, if you have the right software on it in the menu under system information the date should be the 23-11
    If it's 11-11 that's just the FTA one.

10. derodster

derodster Member

Getting the Box to work.
    I got mine yesterday. It had the old software ie 7-11-07 or something and would only show FTA channnels. I downloaded the new 23-11-07 and uploaded it to the box. Connected up the aerial and ran setup. all good so far - well not quite as it still had only FTA and a load of "scrambled" channels.
    This evening I reset the box to factory setting "0,0,0,0" in the menu. Did it a couple of times to make sure. uploaded the new software again. Connected aerial, switch on. run setup.
    It found 102 channels (83 video and the rst radio)
    ch1 and 2 ok ,ch3 blank......but wait its doing something. Cant remember the message but it took a couiple of mins and then it came on.
    All working so give this method a try or give me a shout if you are not sure what to do
    adios

11. vardrus

vardrus Regular member

Installed a TX box in Castlerea this evening.I had the 23/11/07 software on the box and I had earlier done a factory reset on the box.There was a Chorus Sagem box with ITD60 written on the lable underneath.I scanned and picked up 83 TV stations and the rest radio stations.
    Also for people looking for an Irish supplier of these boxes www.irelandeurovox.com sells them.
    Hope this is of help.

12. darst

darst Regular member

so far have flashed 11 of these, all went on first time and scanned channels fine.one thing though, i did notice when i plugged in ALL of the boxes( not altogether) was when i touched of another piece of equipment nearby i got a small electric shock off it and when i unplugged the tx all was fine. tried doing this with other stuff including THE BOX but it only happened with the tx. any ideas anyone.

13. MAINAMN

MAINAMN Active member

A word of warning : It is against forum rules to advertise products on any websites, affiliated or not etc ...
    Ive seen members banned for such..

14. darst

darst Regular member

wheres the advert???

15. MAINAMN

MAINAMN Active member

Look above........ any website selling or supplying !

Last edited: Dec 26, 2007
  16. bollyboy

bollyboy Member

Hi
    Can anyone please tell me if the below is a digital chorus MMDS receiver

Jerrold impulse, 550
    General instrument.

Thanks

My friend has a TX but is only able to pick up RTE1 RTE2 on the channel scan.

His subscribed box is the above.

Cheers

Last edited: Dec 27, 2007
  17. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

It is only for analogue services.

18. Celtic71

Celtic71 Active member

Hi Scouser , hope your enjoying all the food and drink lol

Not here for much longer but I should be back later if your about see ya then :)

19. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Yep a bit too much LOL :) Hope its the same for you and I also am going out for a few more so may catch you later, depending on my state LOL :)

20. vardrus

vardrus Regular member

I know someone in carlow who had such a box.He changed the polarisation on the aerial and added the power transformer to the line like in normal digital services and now his TX is working.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2007