Dreambox Ireland N2 Fix. Its Here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by gersrt, Jun 26, 2009.

1. dreamboxy

dreamboxy Member

Lenny, iv gotten it working at last, but it seems a bit hit and miss with it during the process , had to reboot the box several times ,even lost RTE 1 at one point, it took about half an hour of going through the process via tuxbox and everything came back.....then !!! i switched it off, came back and nothing!!!
    same thing again, a lot of going back through the tuxbox process and eventually it all came back.
    Is it a case of having to leave the box on standby in order to hold onto the channels.
    Thanks again for your patience and help .

2. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

The Dbox fix also works on the 500c.

3. westham88

westham88 Regular member

Yes when the dreambox is plugged out all the channels will be lost but you just have to execute the hypercam in the tuxbox, wait on skysports and all will be well. Also if you execute the hypercam more than once it wont work. that could be were you had problems setting it up

4. lennyirl

lennyirl Guest

ah he said.. when its plugged out it will loose the channels, I also think it looses the channels if its left in standby for a while.
    but when i plug mine out it only takes about a min or so before it finds the channels again..

5. dreamboxy

dreamboxy Member

cheers WESTHAM
    as you say " if you execute the hypercam more than once it wont work. that could be were you had problems setting it up "
    i think your spot on there, i was hitting the buttons and losing patience rapidly earlier, things not going right, and the heat, can make simple tasks go wrong.

Do you think this fix could be written into a new image , enabling it to be flashed and stable as with previous images allowing the box to be powered off..

6. westham88

westham88 Regular member

Mine seems to be ok after leaving it in standby. I always have it on standby overnight and its fine in the morning

7. dreamboxy

dreamboxy Member

Dreambox 500c - on standby all night and still working perfectly in Ireland, showing all channels (incl'sports/movies etc etc).
    So a BIG THANKS to all concerned in solving the problem.

I only hope there will be another solution ,making it possible to hold the channels when its powered off ,as her indoors and kids aren't very good at this stuff while im at work,and i know it will get knocked off regularly at bedtime, so i see myself getting regular morning calls this summer.
    ( what button do i press now Dad !!!! )

Better than blank screens though, thanks again AD users.

P.S
    Kildare for the SAM !!!

8. westham88

westham88 Regular member

Ye i see this more as a temp fix until someone can fix that problem. I had same prob of executing the cam more than once too and fixed it by luck in the end. I also will be getting alot of calls but lets just be grateful that we have a picture and not let it bother us

9. dreamboxy

dreamboxy Member

will this fix work if i keep the DW image i have ,on the box.
    or do i need to flash the DK to it first.
    Iv noticed there are no skin choices on the DK image.
    Not a big issue i know , but ????

10. westham88

westham88 Regular member

It seems to be only working with DK 1.1

11. reduct101

reduct101 Member

At first with the HyperCam_1.06 based fix, I could only get channels streaming ONLY on 1801h and 1802h, so the Beebs 1-4 and Ch4 and the like, that were still on 1800h, 1801h and 1802h weren't working. Sly Sports, Movies etc. on the N2/N3 streams were all working fine.

Also, unlike what most posters have been saying, the fix continued to work after rebooting (and even after full shutdown/startup), perhaps this has something to do with the fact that I use the Gemini 4.3 image, but I had to start/restart hypercam for each of the channels on N2/N3 (1801/1802) stream. I did it ONCE, and then they worked from then on.

While trying to get around the problem I had with the Beebs (still on N1/N2/N3 streams) and others, I grabbed the DBox fix, using mgcam, and managed to get that to start, but it didn't seem to help much.

Then, just playing around, I selected the Common_Interface cam, and suddenly everything worked. N1, N2 - no matter what the primary stream was, no matter whether I rebooted, shutdown.

I don't know if this will be any help to anyone else who can't get this to work, but try switching from HyperCam_1.06 to Common_Interface and see if that works for you.

Perhaps this only applies to us DM600PVR-C owners running Gemini 4.3, I'm not sure, but if I ever figure out what exactly has solved the problem, I'll post it.

12. westham88

westham88 Regular member

Last edited: Jul 4, 2009
  13. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

His priority list in relation to the CAID. The ones still on the N1 stream are his delayed channels.

14. steo2k8

steo2k8 Active member

who made this fix (perfect) :)

Stay up later (drink like me) lol

Last edited: Jul 4, 2009
  15. david1966

david1966 Member

I flashed a dreambox 500c for a friend before using a null modem cable. is it the same procedure with the new fix.I downloaded the dk v1.1.rar file in eamo library.
    thanking you in advance

16. bear09

bear09 Member

There is an image Lenny made all you have to do is flash that image using dreamup click no to flash erase when flashing

when that finishes do an automatic scan using bruteforce 6887 when that is finished press blue button,,,tuxbox commander,go to VAR ,
    then go to BIN, then go down to the bottom to Hypercam 106 and press ok to execute then go back to skysports 1 and wait 1 minute and change station ALL SHOULD BE BACK IF YOU PLUG OUT THE BOX YOU WILL HAVE TO GO BACK TO TUXBOX AND REPEAT THE STEPS

17. bear09

bear09 Member

LennyIRL has a link made to the image and its called for bear img on page six

18. lennyirl

lennyirl Guest

good stuff bear :)

19. david1966

david1966 Member

thats great thanks very much

20. westham88

westham88 Regular member

If you already have dk1.1 its quicker to just ftp the files