1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Replay Lite

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by bloomberg, Apr 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BRIAN1956

BRIAN1956 Regular member

Cheers Hotrocks,

I don't think I don't think I will be running for Prime Minister as dressing up in women's clothes is not my thing, but I will gladly accept all the Brown Paper Bags full of Money they receive for their various favours and concessions they give to big businesses.

Glad you are up and runing again.

Take care,
    Brian

2. BRIAN1956

BRIAN1956 Regular member

Auto update should be in the Off position position Damo,

I have always had it in the off position with no problems.

Hope you are keeping well m8ty.

3. darren66

darren66 Member

any1 been able to pick up arsenal tv yet. Apparently shouldve started today with the setanta package?

4. BRIAN1956

BRIAN1956 Regular member

Seems it isn't going to be broadcast, I seen this on another site.
    Arsenal's upcoming TV channel will not be available on Virgin due to capacity constraints.

Something like this happened with Liverpool TV and then it was broadcast at a later date.
    So it might be just a delayed broadcast.
    It isn't been broadcast on nhell at the moment either.

Sorry for all Arsenal supporters out there.

5. keoghjohn

keoghjohn Guest

Has anyone come across this...
    Have ReplayLite Boxes (Dublin NtHell)..red light only. Have purchased Null Modem Cable from Maplins but get Connection Error when attempting to use the STBLINK s/w. Have tried this on 3 different laptops/Pcs and still have the same problem. However when I try to connect to the ReplayLite via Hyperterminal in Windows XP and set the Baud Rate up to 115220 the ReplayLite throws out an "EvilEyEs" prompt into Hyperterminal. This leads me to think that the cable is OK. I've cloned other boxes using this cable too so it must be OK. Have also tried to connect from Win NT and Win2000 and am getting the same Can't Connect error. The COM port is working OK coz can plug external modem into it and it dials out.

Has anyone got any ideas what could be wrong...
    Cheers....

6. gman496

gman496 Regular member

The only thing that works with a box that just has the red light is to force the flash.

That is to connect the null modem lead, open the stblink.
    Don't do the set up com.
    UNTICK maintain user data
    Upgrade software and get the 742a file, this file is the one that will get the box going.
    When transfer is complete,WAIT for the light to flash really quickly. exit the stblink and unplug everything.
    Then only plug in the power lead, the box should come on and flash for a moment.
    If this doesn't happen, just unplug it again and plug it back in again, you might have to do this a few times, some box's just take more time than others.

Then flash with 744 then 752 when you are doing this, don't try the set up com, just UNTICK the maintain user data and when each flash is finish only plug in the power lead and wait for the flashing green light.

The key is the 742a file,get that on the box and you will be fine.
    You have to be patient though,
    But getting the 742a file is the only way to get it working.
    You may have to try this a few times after the first flash to get the green light working.

Remember only plug in the power lead after each flash and wait for the green light.

Files can be got from the Sig links at the bottom of many posts.

Good Luck!

7. BRIAN1956

BRIAN1956 Regular member

Hi KeoghJohn.

We have come across this before on the forum, follow the instructions below and you will get the box working again.

The Red light scenario.
    The reason for this can be unplugging the null modem and unplugging the power BEFORE the box can fully upgrade.
    When the blocks are transferring the red/green light will flash slowly. Even after all the files are transferred by your PC WAIT until the red/green lights flash much more quickly than it did when you could visibly see the files transferring on your PC.
    Only then unplug everything and exit the stb link.

Make sure the null modem lead has part number L71BT on the front of the cover.
    Do not accept anything that does not have this part number.
    A Null Modem Cable is required which can be purchased for €18 from Maplins Dublin city centre or if you can wait to have it delivered you can purchase online UK for a fraction of the cost plus postage. One example of where they can be purchased online is http://www.amazon.co.uk/StarTech-com-Nul...9/dp/B00006B8BJ

ALL THE FILES REQUIRED AT http://eko.4shared.com/

Go to the replay folder.

Go to documentation and download: Flashing the replay lite box. This will guide you through the flashing process.
    Read this thoroughly before you attempt to flash the box.

Go to the software folder and download: stblink5.20.zip
    This is the file that will transfer the firmware from your PC to the replay lite box.

Go to the firmware folder and download:
    742a

These are the files that need to be transferred to your box from your PC via the null modem lead.

When you have all these files downloaded, you are ready to go.

Connect the null modem lead to the box and your PC.
    Click on the stblink5.20.zip file and choose run.
    Do not do choose the setup comm.
    And ignore any errors you see.
    Remember UNTICK maintain user data.
    Select upgrade software
    Get the 742a file from your PC.
    From when you see the blocks start to transfer.
    It takes 4 mins for the box to be updated.
    But make sure you see the led flashing much more quickly than it did when the blocks were transferring. If you leave for even 5 mins it will be OK.

Wait until all the blocks are transferred and WAIT a couple of more minutes for the led to flash much more rapidly than it did when you could visibly see when the blocks were transferring.
    Unplug everything and only connect the power lead.
    Wait for the led to flash red/green and then stay on green.

Select upgrade software
    Get the 744 file from your PC.
    But make sure you see the led flashing much more quickly than it did when the blocks were transferring. If you leave for even 5 mins it will be OK.
    Wait until all the blocks are transferred and WAIT a couple of more minutes for the led to flash much more rapidly than it did when you could visibly see when the blocks were transferring.

Select upgrade software
    Get the 752 file from your PC.

Then connect SCART and TV cables.

Then scan for channels.
    In Dublin
    Start Frequency 200
    End Frequency 403
    Symbol Rate 6887
    Constellation 64 QAM
    Search by Network ON
    This scan should find all your channels in about 5 mins
    When all channels are found Select View

When the channels are found the box might be locked, 0000: scrambled
    To unlock the box.

Menu.
    User Installation
    Parental lock
    Current password 0000
    Parental lock –off
    Install lock ----off
    New password 7777
    Confirm password 7777
    Exit to TV Screen,
    You need to go to parental lock again
    Current password
    Type 7777
    Goto key manager.
    Current key----ok
    Auto update -----off
    Exit to TV screen and you should be sorted.

When the files are being transferred from your PC to the box, the led on the box will be flashing at this speed[​IMG]

Don't unplug the box until until you see it flashing at this speed
    [​IMG]

8. BRIAN1956

BRIAN1956 Regular member

Hi gman,

Looks like the two of us were replying at the same time.

fair play to you m8.

Cheers

9. gman496

gman496 Regular member

Hi Brian,

what I posted came from you originally anyway.
    I wasn't trying to steal your thunder ;-) but you know what it's like when you are the on with the problem? you post & you wait patiently for a constructive response.

I was just trying to get an answer to the guy as quickly as possible, as all members here do.

That's why we're all here :)

10. darren66

darren66 Member

hi all just received this from vm

We wish to inform you that we are currently in discussion with Arsenal Football Club and Setanta Sports, the distributor of Arsenal TV, about launching this channel on our platform. We hope to launch Arsenal TV soon and will make an announcement in due course. However at the moment, we can't confirm a launch date.

11. keoghjohn

keoghjohn Guest

Hi Gman496 and Brian1956.. Thanks for all your help. Boxes now up and running. I think the important thing to remember (and it wasn't in any instruction doc) is that the STBLINK s/w will not connect correctly for a RED LIGHT ONLY scenario. You MUST just "force" the update by ignoring the COM error.

Once again...many thanks

12. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

What happened to Brian ???????? Hope it is only an email glitch :(

13. Damoirl

Damoirl Member

Man that's some guide brian, got the flashing light going and everything! should be made a sticky along with some of your other posts!
    ...Also, fair play Gman for getting in there first ;)

its great to get answers to problems quickly on here...how much longer am i gonna be an afterdawn newbie for by the way!?

14. buzzymcg

buzzymcg Member

Just a quick question,what software is needed for chorus in the bettystown laytown area.Someone I know has 756 on his lite but is having problems picking up any channels when he does a scan.On another topic was talking to someone who will have boxes with a built in recorder in a couple of months but not sure if the software will work in dublin.

15. Damoirl

Damoirl Member

I got a bunch of them working (with 130+ channels) using 7.56 software. Just make sure you change the symbol rate to 6875. Sounds odd that its not picking up any channels at all tho...unless bettystown is different to here.. (Brian??) You can clone one of my boxes pre tuned if you think it will help.

Do you know whether or not the boxes with built in recorders are the impossible to find replay boxes? (or what are they?) I have 2 broken replays i'm looking for parts for. How much is he asking?

16. gman496

gman496 Regular member

Damoirl, we all know that you're not really a Newbie! it doesn't matter what's written under your name ;-)

-

17. replayno

replayno Member

Hi Brian hopeyou can help me im in the Gloucester area on Telepest and have recently done a full scan on my replay lite box and have got every channel except setanta sports 1.I had itbefore i did the scan and it is there but is coming up scrambled.I tried a manual scan on the frequency it,s displaying which is 411 and it appears again but syill scrambled can you shed any light on why this is happening cheers.

18. buzzymcg

buzzymcg Member

Damo I'm not sure what the make is. It was just a query. Thanks for the heads up on the 756. I'll try get more info and I'll put a post up

19. replayno

replayno Member

Still unable to get Setanta Sports 1 anyone shed any light on how i can get this channel as i love me footie.

20. reeso

reeso Guest

Hey guys,
    im selling my Replay c-100 pvr box with 160gb hard drive if anyone is interested init.

I have only had it a month but upgraded to something else, all the software is onit ready and the channels inc all the setanta, ppv etc are all on there ready to go.

So if someone wants to make me an offer.

I accept paypal, Google Checkout, cheque, postal order, bank transfer,

anyone interested pm me ok.

Thanks and happy new year to everyone!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.