1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Audio Sample rate should I use?

Discussion in 'Video capturing from analog sources' started by TW2009, Sep 15, 2009.

1. TW2009

TW2009 Member

Short version: I use Amcap to record video and audio to my hard disk. When I import the raw uncompressed .avi file into AVStoDVD the program has a problem with sample rate or bit rate, then crashes or quits. WHat Video capture settings and Audio sampling rates would you recommend?

Long Version: (See above) and consider that I have finally settled on a video capture using 320x240 and uVyV (if memory is correct). This gives me acceptable video which is very close to the original vhs (when played back on my tv). The DVD was made using DVDFlick which always throws audio out of sync with video. I love AVStoDVD, but it does not want to work with my raw avi files, captured at 320x240 and audio at 44.100 stereo.

ANy input is appreciated and will be implemented. I'll let you know what happens.

Thanks!

Robert

2. MysticE

MysticE Active member

Well 48 KHz audio tends to be the norm. Maybe using that will help things.

If it's OOS the whole time it could simply be a delay problem.

See if this app app will accept it.

http://www.alexander-noe.com/video/amg/

1. Add all source files you need
    2. select video source file (or files, if you want to concatenate several AVI files to one) and click "generate data source"
    3. select all audio streams you want to include
    4. start

If you click on the audio stream it will show if there is a delay. When you save it the new file (it does not re-encode) will have no delay. Try this one in Flick.

3. TW2009

TW2009 Member

Thank you. I will try this tonight. i will also try to record the audio at 48khz and see if that makes a difference.

When you record/convert VHS what settings do you use on the video side?

Robert

4. MysticE

MysticE Active member

I've always used my older Pioneer standalone recorder in VIDEO mode. It creates standard DVD files.

5. olyteddy

olyteddy Regular member

You're probably on the right track, as DVD compliant audio is 48 KHz.