1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

EAC MP3 conversion process error

Discussion in 'Audio' started by rdeacuser, Nov 2, 2009.

1. rdeacuser

rdeacuser Member

I would appreciate any help on this one. It has me baffled.

I have been using EAC to copy a CD into MP3 format and save it on an external hard drive. Everything was fine until my system slowed down to a crawl. I tried to close EAC but it hung some how.

When i go to do this everything is fine. I can load the CD and can get FreeDB to provide the title information. the problem is since that problem, when i hit the MP3 button on the left to copy the CD it will come back and show the Save as Waveform window. The problem is iy will lump all the files into 2 files that show as MP3 Format Sound. The files are now listed as Track01 and Track02. If these files are copied they go as Track01 and Track02. All the title and artist information is lost. There are way more than 2 songs on the CD.

Any ideas?

2. djscoop

djscoop Active member

my guess is that when you had to force quit EAC it either messed up the settings or corrupted the program file. either way, the best thing you should do is to uninstall EAC, reboot your computer, then reinstall it. see if that fixes it.

on a side note, kudos for using EAC. it is the ONLY ripper that can do a 100% accurate rip of an audio CD. just wanted to make a recommendation. if your are encoding to mp3, download the LAME mp3 encoder, and use that. LAME is the best mp3 encoder there is. When using the VBR (variable bitrate) q=0 settings, the end result is closest to cd quality you can get.

follow the guide in my sig below to install EAC and configure the LAME external plugin.

3. k00ka

k00ka Regular member

Yes! kudos for using the great EAC..That said, dBpoweramp can achieve accurate rips of an audio CD as well..

4. Mez

Mez Active member

One last question that needs to be asked just incase. Empty your trash bin then check the free space on C and your external drive. If you have no space on either that could be the problem.

Yes there are a few great rippers, both the ones mentioned are on that short list. I have been using dbpoweramp because it is far easier to use and way less than 1 out of 10 of my CDs were in freedb. I paid my 30 USDs/yr not to type in all that info. dbpa uses a paid for library that is very complete (all copyrighted CDs). It even had the burned CDs I got from street musicians. I did not renew last month so I will be ripping with EAC from now on. I have ripped my library so I will be down to just a few CDs a year. I will probably have to type the tag info.

5. Platy767

Platy767 Regular member

Remember that EAC can use CD-Text (if the CD has CD-Text and your drive supports it (and is enabled in EAC)) so you don't have to type in all your track data, if your CD is not in any of the disc databases.

6. Mez

Mez Active member

Platy767, obviously the CD didn't have text if rdeacuser was only getting track1 etc.

Right?

7. djscoop

djscoop Active member

he may not know though, because I think enable CD Text is not a default setting and you have to select it in the settings. Do most CDs even come with CD Text anymore? I haven't come across any lately that have it.

8. Mez

Mez Active member

I do not think I ever have. What I usualy rip is obscure music. I have a BB King that has nothing in the data or on the CD label. Once the jewel case was lost the CD is completely unknown. You can tell it is BB King but that is all. The CD only has a graphic. I guess the Blues label did not give a rats ass.

I have yet to use EAC. I have let my dbpoweramp subscription laps. I was happy to see the converter still works.

9. Platy767

Platy767 Regular member

djscoop is correct. If you don't have a drive and EAC configured for CD Text, all you will see is Track numbers. I recently enabled it and used it for a CD that 30 tracks on it - phew.