1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Conflict with Disc Emulator Software detected

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by Applecorp, Apr 17, 2004.

1. Applecorp

Applecorp Member

I have just purchased Armed & Dangerous for the PC. I installed the game fine but when I launch I get the error message "Conflict with Disc Emulator Software detected. See www.securerom.com/emulation"

I have scoured google and all I can find out is that a lot of people are rightly pissed off with newer securom protected games not working on their PC's. Games they have legitimately bought (not pirated or downloaded etc) and don't work. It seems this protection is punishing people who actually buy the game, where-as the hackers etc seem to have got round it and play it for free !!

Anyway, rant over, how do I fix this ? I have Alcohol 120% installed, is that causing the problem ? I use Alcohol a lot for backup purposes and if I have to uninstall it to get this game to work then I won't be happy at all.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2004
  2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Alcohol, Daemon and CloneCD all have emulators.

You are absolutely correct that these emulator blacklistings are going to turn people toward piracy. They're going the way of the music industry by alienating their paying customers.

Personally I'd return it for a refund and then e-mail the gamemaker telling them why you returned it. Hopefully if enough people did this they'd rethink their ways (yeah right!)

3. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

Try DaemonTools 3.46 :D

4. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Does 3.46 work with the newer ones? I'm such a cheapskate I don't usually get games till they're like $20 :p

5. Praetor

It should... ive been using 3.44 without problems.

6. kayhay

kayhay Guest

Sorry appear completely stupid regarding this set of posts! (however there is an obvious reason for appearing stupid!!)

I have also experienced the sudden joy of the securerom warning that has turned off Countersttrike condition zero. This has followed the use of easy cd ripper.

Can't this crap be turned off? Do the previous posts equate to daemon 3.46 or whatever it is being able to stop this from happening?

If i uninstall easy cd ripper and then use system restore, will that solve the problems or have I just made a perfectly great game unplayable for ever on this computer?

How the #@*%!! is this legal?

Sorry, but... what a crappy idea!!!

if anyone can help with this please do so, quick!!

7. Praetor

1. What is the protection on Condition Zero? (i was under the assumption it would be SD2/3 rather than SecureROM)

2. How did you make your image? Blindwrite/A120/Clonecd? :)

8. lumbjack

lumbjack Member

as much as i know, CS CZ is Securom 5.x protected. will be hard to make a copy.

9. kayhay

kayhay Guest

hi guys, thanks for taking an interest.

my main point is that i'm not trying to copy cs: cz. i just want to play a copy that i've bought & paid for!!

As regards the conflict warning; i was trying to put somof my cd collection onto hard disk so i can transfer it to my mp3 player. I downloaded a trial version of easy cd ripper to do this (it was gr8 and simple by the way) the securom message materialised following this.

I suppose what i need to know is: is there some cd ripping software that won't trip the securom trap?

I really want to get at my cd audio files to place them on my hdd, but it seems easy cd ripper is not the solution i thought!!

In addition, is there anyway of turning this securom stuff off? It's indiscriminate scatter gun approach is like a virus!!

10. Praetor

Im afraid discussion on removal of copyprotection schemes for whatever reason is beyond the policies of this forum. Ill see if I cant grab a copy of CS-CZ (as much as i hate everything even remotely related to HL) and give it a whirl.