1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

device driver

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by starnyota, Dec 27, 2009.

1. starnyota

starnyota Member

How do I log on to HP administrator in order to install device drivers?

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

moved to correct forum as not a feedback & suggestions issue.

3. k7vc

k7vc Regular member

[Sorry for dup reply]

Go to your system Control Panel:

Start->
    Settings->
    Control Panel->
    User Accounts

and you should see all of the accounts on your computer. One or more of them should say "Computer administrator." You will need to log on to one of those administrator accounts and then you will be able to install device drivers.

Dick

4. starnyota

starnyota Member

sorry for the delayed response...

I did what you suggested yet I am still lost. It still will not allow me to download the basic drivers for optimum performance.

I have a HP pavillion a735w.

thank you for responding...but still at a loss....

5. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

6. k7vc

k7vc Regular member

Could you please explain what you mean? What "basic drivers" are you referring to? What steps have you taken to download them? What errors or other problems have you had downloading or installing them? Are you logged into one of the accounts on your system that is listed as a "Computer administrator"?

Try to walk us through what you have done and what the results were.

Dick

7. starnyota

starnyota Member

Im no computer techie like you but I will do my best...

Okay here goes...

The other day my computer crashed!

Now, I have reinstalled windows and most of the the HP original drivers except 1. multimedia audio controller 2.PCI simple communication controller 3.Video controller (VGA compatible)

These are the devices that I need to reinstall but the device manager keeps telling me that I do not have the proper software for the computer to recognize the hardware.

I hope this helps you to help me...let me know if you need more clarity.

8. k7vc

k7vc Regular member

You're doing fine. This can be frustrating stuff for all of us.

OK. What version of Windows did you install? What kind of media did you use to effect the re-install? Original (Microsoft or HP) installation discs; DVDs, CDs or diskettes? Had you ever installed from these discs before? As far as you knew, were they supposed to contain all the drivers you would need? Do you remember if there were any messages that might have specifically mentioned the three drivers you are interested in?

OK, now make sure you are logged onto one of the User accounts on your computer that is listed as a "Computer administrator." Then go to the link @ddp provided for your above and select your operating system. From there, follow the instructions for downloading the setup program designed for your system. Once you have downloaded the appropriate program onto your system, keep following their instructions and follow through and execute that program.

Take good notes and pay particular attention to any messages regarding any of the three drivers you are interested in. Especially any messages about the programs inability to install any of these three drivers and why.

From this point on we are totally reliant upon you to report back on the success or lack thereof with running this setup program. We all wish we could be standing there besides you observing each move, but you have to do that for us.

Please let us know what you did, what you tried, what worked, what didn't work and we will all try to move forward from there.

Good luck. Report back soon.

Dick