1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd labels

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by akwon19, Apr 28, 2004.

1. akwon19

akwon19 Member

i'm trying to back up my dvd movies, brave heart, romeo must die, etc. does anyone know where i can get the labels to put on my dvd??
    i looked everywhere and can't seem to find it....
    so if someone can help that would be great.....thanks

2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

I'd suggest quitting while you're ahead. Labels can and do cause many people a lot of headaches with read errors from the disc being out of balance.

If you want to anyways I imagine if you google the terms "dvd labels" you come up with quite a few hits.

3. roberson

roberson Guest

You can find lables on Ebay. There must be at lease
    three hundred items on DVD lables. There you will find that the cost is cheap. Do a search with titles and description (DVD lables) roberson

4. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Here is a free site for DVD labels if you insist on using them. I use the site for the DVD covers, but you can download the round label too.

www.cdcovers.cc

Jerry

5. pudgy

pudgy Member

Hey Jerry,

I checked out thte site above, it's too cool, I didn't realize exactly what it was. And I never knew there were so many sites to download free stuff.. I just love AD..I am learning so much.

Thanks to all,
    Sher

6. agent-k

agent-k Regular member

hey akwon 19,
    Nephilim is right, putting labels on dvd backups can be more trouble than it's worth. Let me use a metaphor to explain.
    When you have a new tyre fitted to your car then you have to have the wheel balanced as the tyre has invariably got a heavy spot which 'throws' out every time the wheel spins. This is what causes the vibration when your doing 90 m.p.h down the motorway.
    Putting a paper label on a dvd has the same effect. Unless the label is fitted perfectly and the paper is exactly the same thickness all over, then the disc will wobble and the laser will have difficulty reading it.
    I found out the hard way when I tried a backup in my dvd player and it played perfectly, I then went and applied a lovely glossy colourful label and it never played again. It still looks nice with a can of lager resting on it though.

7. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Hi Sher, I try to pass on what I know and learn from here. The label site is a good one, just keep in mind the other posts about problems using the one on the DVD. My player doesn't have a problem with the labels, but rule of thumb is DON'T use them. Guess it can't hurt to try one. Good luck.

Jerry

8. zany

zany Member

In the long run it will pay to buy a printer that can print stright onto your disc as you'll end up spending a fotune on labels and delivery that will only make your dvds skip and freeze.IT HAPPENED TO ME :(

9. akwon19

akwon19 Member

thanks for all the replys...
    i figured out a great way to putting dvd labels..
    if you have a dvd spindle (lets say 50pack) put the sticker inside upside down and all you have to do is put the dvd upside down as well and it will stick perfectly... all spindle have enough space for the dvd to fit perfectly...

10. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

MacGyver would be proud!

11. brian100

brian100 Guest

akwon19

I suggest you read Zany's post. Then read it again..and again..until it sinks in.

12. zany

zany Member

akwon 19
    Before you make your mind up on sticking labels on your DVDs try this...Burn your movie onto a dvd then check it for read errors with DvdinfoPro http://www.dvdinfopro.com/ (which is a free download) Then apply your label and recheck it for read errors at least then you'll know if the label is affecting it or not..I found that the odd dvd will be 100% but one dvd 1 did which was 100% before i applied the label had over 2000 errors after appling the label..I learn't the hard way and had to copy my entire collection of over 250 movies again

13. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

For those who want to remove your labels. There is a mild solvent called Goo Gone sold almost everywhere. Its citrus base and made to remove tape type glue. Just soak the paper label with it. Give it 5-10 minutes. It should pull off. Goo Gone won't hurt the dvd plastic. Just re-clean as you normally would any dvd afterward.

Jerry