1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

removing nortons

Discussion in 'Windows - Software discussion' started by trck1224, Jan 13, 2010.

1. trck1224

trck1224 Guest

sorry guys didnt know where to put my forum but i appreciate any help my daughter has nortons on her computer and it is time to renew. I cannot remove it I even put on a CD the nortons removal tool with no luck. The only way to fix this is to PAY for a new renewal, I have the AVG i am a firm believer in FILEHIPPO. does anyone have any suggestions

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

moved to correct forum. have you tried add\remove programs in control panel? have you tried the norton uninstall in programs\norton? are you using the latest version of removal tool for your version of windows?

3. trck1224

trck1224 Guest

I did click on the control panel to remove nortons but it doesnt stay on the screen long enough for me to choose nortons to remove her free trial has ran out and it will not allow me to access the internet or anything on her computer unless i buy a new subscritpion

4. trck1224

trck1224 Guest

as far as the removal tool i put it on a cd then loaded it on her computer to MY documents and when i try to install it will not allow me to how do i know for sure which tool is the right one since it was already loaded on the computer when she got it? thanks for all your help

5. ddp

try doing both in safemode.

6. trck1224

trck1224 Guest

i resolved my issue I did a system restore and it resolved the issue I did not add back on nortons- just AVG thanks for all the help I do appreciate it

7. ddp

no problem