1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need to make Media Player Classic open in Autoplay

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by janlafata, Feb 3, 2010.

1. janlafata

janlafata Regular member

I have Windows 7 x64 and decided to tear out Windows Media Player 12 and use Media Player Classic x32. I got the default settings for .avi changed fine, but with WMP out it does give an option in Autoplay for when you insert a burned DVD other than "Take no action...." or "Open in Windows Explorer"

There has to be a way to make the DVD's open in Media Player Classic isn't there? I found a web page on it which talks about a registry entry: http://www.edugeek.net/forums/windows/28196-making-media-player-classic-default-dvd.htm. (The fix is found slightly more than half the page down

Before I try that I wanted to run this by you guys. Seems like there has to be an easier way, and if I do a registry entry for it to open in Media Player Classic, I would be concerned that I could not change it back to open with WMP if I need to.

Worst case scenario is that I reinstall WMP but just use it for viewing inserted DVD's. I just want to have something that can check my video projects when I'm done with them.

2. attar

attar Senior member