1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Encoded SVCD - time moves slower on playback

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by gregbd, Feb 6, 2010.

1. gregbd

gregbd Member

I posed here because I couldn't find a more specific forum for it. Sorry if it's the wrong place :)

I have the box set of Firefly and I'm trying to rip them to SVCD so the kids don't destroy them :) I used DVD2SVCD and TMPEGEnc 2.525.64.184 to encode it. I just took the default options in DVD2SVCD, didn't change anything except to point it at the encoder.

Everything appears to be converted correctly - I have 2 SVCDs for the premiere (1:22 episode) and when I mount the SVCD using Daemon Tools and play it back with VLC everything appears to be in sync, no drops, etc. However, the time counter at the bottom of the screen is off - it shows that there are only 28 minutes per SVCD instead of 42, and the current time counter passes slower (i.e. it takes more than one real-world second for a second in the app to pass). The SVCD is not slow, like I said, it's all there. From my calculations if I multiply the run time on each SVCD by 1.5 and add them together I get the correct length.

Anyone run across this before? If I burn these SVCDs and try to play them in my DVD player will they play correctly? Is this specific to VLC and I should ignore it? :)

Thanks,

2. davexnet

davexnet Active member

Drop the dat/mpg file onto Mediainfo, view it in tree or text mode,
    and put the results in here.