1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ND-2500d and DVD Decrypter Error

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by dillon75, May 2, 2004.

1. dillon75

dillon75 Guest

First off this is my first post and I am indeed VERY new to this.

I am attempting to use an NEC ND-2500a Burner and DVD Decrypter to rip DVDs. I have tried four DVD's and cannot rip any of this in file form or ISO. Once the process reaches 84-95% I get the following message:

I/O Error

Device: [1:1:0] NEC_ND_2500a (D:)

ScsiStatus: 0x02
    Interpretation: Check Condition

No amount of retries will allow the rip to continue.

Also after starting the program I occassionally get the same as above calling the problem an "UNRECOVERED READ ERROR". I have reinstalled DVD Decrypter and updated to a modified 1.0.6 Firmware version after following the advice of pervious similar posts. Nothing seems to be helping.

One of the discs I tried to Back up was a clean and relatively new copy of Angel Season 1 Disc 1 and it will not even read in my burner at all. I can't play it or view it in My Computer. I have researched you guides and forums the best I could, so any further help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
    Dillon

2. colw

colw Active member

More info required - operating system - NTFS or FAT32 file format - FAT32 will not allow burning in excess of 4MB

3. motia

motia Guest

Also try installing the latest ASPI drivers. You
    can get it at www.adaptec.com

4. dillon75

dillon75 Guest

Sorry, should have been more specific. I use Windows XP Pro with NTSF file format.

I saw this elsewhere and tried ripping ASPI mode as the I/O Interface, but DVD Decrypter would not recognize the drive when I changed it. Please advise further.

Thanks,
    Dillon

5. motia

motia Guest

6. dillon75

dillon75 Guest

THanks for all the ASAPI Update Recommendations, but after I updated I still get this message in DVDDecrypter:

E 20:14:53 Unable to initialise ASAPI! - ASAPI.DLL
    E 20:14:53 Reason: The specified module could not be found.
    E 20:14:53 You need to install an ASAPI manager.
    E 20:14:53 Visit http://www.dvddecrypter.com to download one.
    E 20:14:53 Alternatively, try changing the 'I/O Interface' in the Settings to a different one.

This is the same message I got previously.

Dillon

7. dillon75

dillon75 Guest

I was just looking around a bit and noticed that there is no ASAPI.DLL in my Windows/System32 file or Window/System file. Could this be part of my problem?

Dillon

8. motia

motia Guest

OK - now we are progressing. Go to "tools/settings" menu in Decrypter, click on I/O tab and select "SPTI-NT/2000/XP/server 2003" instead of ASAPI (see if clicking "default" at the bottom of the page is doing it for you. Let me know how it goes.

9. dillon75

dillon75 Guest

"SPTI-NT/2000/XP/server 2003" was my initial I/O Interface Setting that was giving problems. I borrowed a regular DVD-Rom and it has ripped several ISOs so far using the default SPTI interface without error or need to retry.

Now I guess my question is: Is it a manufacturers problem with the NEC ND-2500a Burner or some sort of copatibility/conflict problem with the 2500a and my system orthe 2500a and DVDDecrypter?

I've read good things abou the NEC which prompted my purchase. I just wonder if I got a bad one.

Thanks,
    Dillon

Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2004
  10. galaxy66

galaxy66 Guest

i got the exact same burner. I havent used the software your using but I havent had a problem with it. I flashed the firmware with a socalled 1.07 beta but it still says 1.06.