1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New to TMPGenc

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by gilera, May 3, 2004.

1. gilera

gilera Regular member

I am trying to use this to convert an avi file into mpeg but when i select video file browse i get the message, avi can not open, or unsupported.
    I have also tried dragging file with the same result.
    Where am i going wrong? I am trying follow guides, any info or pointers in the right direction would be appreciated

2. Jeanc1

Jeanc1 Guest

The file is probably Type-1 DV format. The format is not supported by TMPGEnc. Type-1format has different structure from AVI format. TMPGEnc can not read the format since TMPGEnc does not support DirectShow.

I gather you using the FREE software. There is a complete version available called TMPGEnc Plus.

_X_X_X_X_X_[small]Do It Right , and you will be a Happy Camper !

Take Care.[/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 3, 2004
  3. Minion

Minion Senior member

If your File is a Type 1 DV File it will have to be converted to Type 2 DV, You can use a freeware tool called the "Canopus DV Format converter" which will convert Type 1 to Type 2 DV, If it is a Type 2 DV File or some other format then you should be able to get the file loaded by going to "options" to "Enviromental Settings" to "Vfapi Plugins"a nd raise the Priority of the "Direct show File reader" to "2"...Cheers

4. gilera

gilera Regular member

Hello Minion, Thanks for the info it worked fine, where on earth did you gather this gen from, is there an explanation somewhere?

5. Minion

Minion Senior member

Hi, i"m glad you got it working , But I don"t understand what this Means:

Cheers

6. gilera

gilera Regular member

I meant the information about tmpgenc that you gave me.
    Ta Anyway.

7. Minion

Minion Senior member

Well Most Of the Information i give I learned through Experience and I also work as a Video editor so i know a Lot about Video type stuff and I also used to work for Tmpgenc tech support so I know a lot from that and I went to Broadcasting School for 2 Years so when it comes to Digital video I know a Bit about everything and Lot about some things so if you ever need any help or Info i will be more than happy to help out if I can....Cheers

8. gilera

gilera Regular member

Thanks very much Minion, i will keep you in mind when i hit problems

9. bigroy

bigroy Guest

Minion,I captured a VHS tape to AVI format with VirtualDub using the Huffyuv compression codec like you suggested. When I went to encode the file I ended up with a M2V file that opens with RNX file processor. What did I do wrong?

10. Minion

Minion Senior member

A M2V file is a Mpeg2 Video file so you should also have a audio file with it....What did you use to Create the M2V file??
    I have no idea what "RNX file processor" Is but you can Play a M2V file with any Software DVD player or with Media Player if you have a Mpeg2 Decoder installed.....Cheers