1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HDMI to Component 1080i

Discussion in 'Home Theater PC' started by evilskin, Feb 19, 2010.

1. evilskin

evilskin Member

HTPC: HDMI output --?--> Component 1080i HDTV

I have a serious problem.

my setup only has a DVI, and an HDMI connector, and i have absolutely no idea if I should shell out money for converter boxes as ive been unable to find ANYbody in the same boat as me, and i'm afraid of them not working as most converter units are not refundable.

i've seen VGA to component boxes which seem promising, but A. i dont know if my computer would recognize it, and B. I dont know if my tv will accept the feed.

has anyone been in a similar situation?

2. ugc

ugc Regular member

Going from HDMI > Component (1080i) is easily done using the HDfury2.

I use 4 of them, and can confirm they work fine. You can google "HDFury" to find out more info.

Quick link:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HDfury

3. evilskin

evilskin Member

:D i found this like 20 minutes after i posted the thread, but thanks for the reassurance.

on the website they have an option with "GammaX Gamma Boost*" which costs roughly $100 dollars more, but would that really be necessary?

4. ugc

ugc Regular member

I don't use the GammaX Gamma Boost, I have tried it, and it makes the picture brighter in "normally" darker areas. It just depends on your needs and type of TV if it would help or not.