AfterDawn: Tech news

'Plants vs Zombies' is fastest selling iPhone game ever

Written by Andre Yoskowitz @ 26 Feb 2010 8:50 User comments (3)

'Plants vs Zombies' is fastest selling iPhone game ever The new PopCap release Plants vs Zombies has become the fastest and highest grossing iPhone game launch in history, with over 300,000 apps sold in the first 9 days, for a gross over $1 million.
"Plants vs Zombies is our latest major franchise to make the jump to iPhone, and from the early customer and critical feedback it appears to be a great adaptation of the game," added Andrew Stein, director of mobile business development at PopCap, via GI.biz. "There's always a concern when bringing a computer game to a mobile, pocket-sized device that something will get lost in the process, but in this case the overwhelming consensus is that Plants vs Zombies is even more fun on the smaller touch screen."

Additionally, PopCap's Bejeweled 2 became the first paid app to reach 3 million sales.

Previous Next  

3 user comments

126.2.2010 22:25

Popcap can make a good game. This, Peggle, and Gyromancer are all pretty good games, in order of addictiveness. I suppose Gyromancer is more of a visually appealing game than addicting though...

227.2.2010 02:39

last year i bought plants vs zombies on pc and I thought "boy if this game ever came out on the iphone i'm sure it'd sell like crazy" this game is absolutely awesome, and I loved it from day one. I found out yesterday that it was out for the iphone/itouch, I didn't waste anytime got it right away. This game is awesome and certainly worth every penny.

31.4.2011 00:03
Erikydong
Unverified new user

No wonder get over $1 million! Higher $1 than the similar game. Found some similar iPhone games in iTunes, not less than PVZ, but only $0.99. Like PetsWar, Angry bird, Leave Devil alone and Bone Bone TD. Especially, PetsWar own free version.

Comments have been disabled for this article.

Latest news

VLC hits milestone: over 5 billion downloads VLC hits milestone: over 5 billion downloads (16 Mar 2024 4:31)
VLC Media Player, the versatile video-software powerhouse, has achieved a remarkable feat: it has been downloaded over 5 billion times.
2 user comments
Sideloading apps to Android gets easier, as Google settles its lawsuit Sideloading apps to Android gets easier, as Google settles its lawsuit (19 Dec 2023 11:09)
Google settled its lawsuit in September 2023, and one of the settlement terms was that the way applications are installed on Android from outside the Google Play Store must become simpler. In the future, installing APK files will be easier.
8 user comments
Roomba Combo j7+ review - Clever trick allows robot vacuum finally to tackle home with rugs and carpets Roomba Combo j7+ review - Clever trick allows robot vacuum finally to tackle home with rugs and carpets (06 Jun 2023 9:19)
Roomba Combo j7+ is the very first Roomba model to combine robot vacuum with mopping features. And Roomba Combo j7+ does all that with a very clever trick, which tackles the problem with mopping and carpets. But is it any good? We found out.
Neato, the robot vacuum company, ends its operations Neato, the robot vacuum company, ends its operations (02 May 2023 3:38)
Neato Robotics has ceased its operations. American robot vacuum pioneer founded in 2005 has finally called it quits and company will cease its operations and sales. Only a skeleton crew will remain who will keep the servers running until 2028.
5 user comments
How to Send Messages to Yourself on WhatsApp How to Send Messages to Yourself on WhatsApp (20 Mar 2023 1:25)
The world's most popular messaging platform, Meta-owned WhatsApp has enabled sending messages to yourself. While at first, this might seem like an odd feature, it can be very useful in a lot of situations. ....
18 user comments

News archive