1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to make an URL of a Microsoft Word document (not sure this is in the right section)

Discussion in 'Windows - Software discussion' started by forum4321, Mar 5, 2010.

1. forum4321

forum4321 Guest

So, i have a Microsoft Word document.I want to make an URL of that document, so that someone can click the URL and view that document.

Thanks in advance

2. forum4321

forum4321 Guest

c'mon guys, i really need your help fast, when I search the google i always find how to make a hyperlink in one part of the text, but i can't find how to find an url/link for a whole document

3. scum101

scum101 Guest

you have to upload it to a file sharing site.. then send the person the link (or post it or whatever).. just the same as if you want to post a picture on a website.

I use sendspace or zshare.

4. forum4321

forum4321 Guest

OK thanks, i thought that I need to do something in Word.

5. scum101

scum101 Guest

yeah.. one thing you NEED to do with word.. get rid of it and stop using restrictive proprietary formats..

open office documents are in open standards compliant format and can be opened properly formatted by everything.

it's more usual for web based papers to use .pdf