1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony Walkman MP3 Player NWZ-S544 and Tagging Audio Files

Discussion in 'Portable audio players' started by fred4584, Mar 12, 2010.

1. fred4584

fred4584 Member

Hello Everybody,
    This is my second player and I'm still a newbie. This player uses Windows Media Player 11 to tag and sync audio files. Being new at tagging it's basically trial and error for me so far. I want to use all the features but WMP 11 does'nt seem to have a manual or I have'nt found it for tagging. Is there a manual for this that somebody knows about? This may seem a stupid question but I really need help with this. Thanks for your time.

2. Mez

Mez Active member

Do your self a favor try Media Monkey. MM does a much better job at most everything and does a great deal more. I prefer mp3tag to do much of my tagging though MM has better feature for some modes of tagging like using the file name to make the tags. MM is more complicated because it is feature rich.

3. fred4584

fred4584 Member

Thanks Mez I'll give it a try.

4. Mez

Mez Active member

Give them both a try. If MM is too busy for you then maybe Winamp is the tool for you. I prefer MM because it is mostly menu driven so you have an idea what it can do and how. Winamp is more 'natural'. You have access to certain tools only when you might want them because you are doing XYZ. Over the years, both get over 90% of the available points in a review. The last I saw rated WMP in the 50s and itunes 30a or 40s.

MM has they nicest fool proof burn routines. The free version limits your burn speed to 2X. It has a great forum.