1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to Convert PAL DVD to NTSC DVD

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by DJSolo, May 9, 2004.

1. DJSolo

DJSolo Member

My friend sent me a DVD that he had purhased in the UK. It is a Region 2 DVD. It is a DVD on How to DJ with Tall Paul(http://www.dvdanswers.com/index.php?c=2611&s=1). I am able to watch it just fine on my PC with PowerDVD, but since it is PAL I cant watch it on my TV. How can I convert the entire DVD to NTSC so I can put it on a DVDr and watch it on the TV. I want to be able to have all the menus and Extra Features. Any help would be appreciated.

P.S. Would it be possible to have all the menus and extras with SVCD?

2. Veblin

Veblin Active member

Click above on Search messages and search for PAL to NTSC.

3. andmerr

andmerr Guest

you could try ' TMPGenc plus' as a start to your search

4. sillycybe

sillycybe Regular member

Seems I bought some R2/PAL DVD's on ebay, silly me for not reading the fine print...anyways, after tinkering around for bit, I tried this. I copied the DVD to my HD with DVD Decrypter (was only 4.05 GB, so I didn't have to SHRINK it) then fired up NeroVision Express. First thing was "Make a DVD", once that's up, add files (where ever you Decryted to). At first I wasn't sure it was going to work, then I got this message "Your project contains more PAL than NTSC, but will be encoded in NTSC if you use the current settings, Do you want to change the settings to PAL so that your project will be encoded in the video mode that matches the majority of the project's contents?" Answer NO to this and Nero does the rest. I hope this helps.

5. sillycybe

sillycybe Regular member

By the way, the NTSC DVD that Nero kicked out for me looks and plays fine...