1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CUE error when ripping part of CD

Discussion in 'Audio' started by alexIV, Apr 1, 2010.

1. alexIV

alexIV Member

Hi,
    When I try to rip some songs from a CD and then write them with EAC, I get CUE sheet error. Although I manage to get images of only songs that I selected for ripping the CUE sheet always contains all songs from the CD. There are must be a way that enables me to create CUE sheet that contains only ripped songs.

2. davexnet

davexnet Active member

The CUE sheet is just clear text -
    can't you edit it in Notepad ?

3. alexIV

alexIV Member

Sure I can. But once I delete records of non existing songs in CUE file I always get a message CUE sheet error in line 7, which is normally a record related to the first song.

4. Mez

Mez Active member

You are probably not editing it properly. The time indexes are probably off. If you are not ripping the entire CD I suggest using another tool that does not require cue files. Too many persons are obsessed with trying to trying to make a perfect replica of the audio when their ears and equipment are vastly below reproducing and hearing what you are trying to preserve. Other morons go the other direction. They record music from the radio 70 CBR to 'lossless' 1250 CBR. Hoping that it will improve the sound. You have the other morons who rip at 128 BR then burn a CD from that garbage. The next moron then rips that CD to something else. So being quality obsessed is not sooo bad.

5. davexnet

davexnet Active member

The only time I've found CUE files to be useful is when you have an album
    like the Beatles Abbey Road, where some songs run into each other without gaps.

Then the CUE sheet faithfully reproduces the proper timings. Except for that
    kind of situation they're not necessary.