1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AVCHD discs on ps3...need help

Discussion in 'Blu-ray players' started by sonic420, Apr 4, 2010.

1. sonic420

sonic420 Member

I'm trying to make some AVCHD disc that will play on my ps3. I'm using clown bd to create my bdmv file into a AVCHD structure. When I do this then burn the disc My disc reads on the ps3 as a data disc, but the movie play fine when I go to the stream folder.

What I really want to do is have the disc show up as avchd disc and not a data disc. I read a guide from a link on this forum that said to change the names of the file extensions and included a batch file. I followed the directions and ran the batch file. When I burned a movie after doing this it did show up on my ps3 as a avchd disc, but the movie would not play I just got a black screen.

Can somebody please help me and try to explain what I'm doing wrong. Thank you to everyone for all your help in advance.

2. neronut

neronut Regular member

Hi,

I have dabbled a bit in AVCHD DVDs. I have been able to get the PS3 to read them, however I keep having Audio issues with the audio being choppy. I used a program called tsMuxeR which has the option to build the AVCHD structure including the playlists.

You have to watch carefully. The video and audio have to match the AVCHHD specifications. If you are NTSC then 1920x1080 @ 24p with AC-3 audio is the best you can go. For me, if I play my video on my own it works fine off the disc in data mode, but when read in AVCHD mode thats where the issues start. Let me know if this helps and if you get it working let me know the specifications of your video.

Also there is a program called multiAVCHD (link). It allows for multiple items to be added to one disc, with menus too.

Good Luck

3. sonic420

sonic420 Member

Thank you very much for your reply I'm going to look at that it and see if that's the problem. I've used tsmuxer to create structures and still have the same problems.

I have a another question for you since I don't own a stand alone bd player do the discs you have that show up as data discs with the folders on a ps3 work on a stand alone player.

One more question is a there a good program to convert the audio? I've downloaded multiavchd but it's a bit confusing to me I prefer to use tsmuxer and clownbd I also have sothink hd movie maker but I only have a single core cpu so I use Img burn to make my discs.

Your help is greatly appreciated!

4. neronut

neronut Regular member

I don't own a standalone BD Player, just the PS3. If the PS3 can see the AVCHD discs then it should work the same on another Sony player. I've read some information that other manufactures have issues sometimes, mainly Panasonic's players I think.

What do you want to do with the audio? One format to another?

What are your video specs? Is it 1920 x 1080 @ 24p or 1920 x 1080 @ 23.976p or something else? Also with tsMuxeR I found if you choose the Blu-ray output option the discs do what you were saying, seeing a data disc. If I select AVCHD then it see the disc as an AVCHD disc, then my audio plays weird. When playing the m2ts file from the data disc it works fine, so my issue seems to be something in the video is out of AVCHD spec.