1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is there an alternative to using SVCD2DVD ?

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by start, May 14, 2004.

1. start

start Member

I've tried the demo of SVCD2DVD and i liked it up until it gave me problems connecting to the internet.I also kept getting the 'program not responding'.

Anyway,Is there an alternative 'one click' program that works like this.
    I don't want to go through all the hassle and time spent with TMPGEnc

2. kcc76

kcc76 Regular member

i use svcd2dvd with no problems its great but you have used the demo version witch is not a full program
    you need to contact badgersoft for the link and then make a donation to the chap who runs it forgot his name
    he will then send you a key registry and you got it
    also needs net framework and iso buster but you will have these already if you have used the demo

oh nearly forgot you need to enable accsess to internet
    though your firewall because the chap who owns it likes to update it now and then and also keep a check for unregisterd copys.

3. start

start Member

I would have happily sent a donation if i'd not had the problems that i'd had,thats why i'd rather find an alternative.

4. kcc76

kcc76 Regular member

give the wizard a try on nero just mount ther image on hdd and burn out thought the wizard i use it for my divx but not tried it with svcd give it a go see if it works

also svcd2dvd the demo did that with me just kept locking up but the full version has a few bug fixes(just thought on svcd2dvd did you change the audio sample rate thats also why it locks up)

Last edited: May 15, 2004
  5. Mick69

Mick69 Guest

if all you want to do with tmpgenc is to convert a svcd compliant mpeg2 file to a dvd compliant mpeg2 file then theres nothing to it, you dont have to worry about codecs or decompressing audio, all you have to know is what framerate it is(ntscfilm,pal,ntsc) and if its 16:9widescreen, or 4:3 fullscreen, which is quite easy to tell. then just load it up, you can even use the wizard which can guide u thru the whole process. if you want to convert a vcd to dvd well thats even easier you dont even have to re-encode at all just resample the audio. its a hellava lot better than using a crippled half functioning trail version that most other encoding co's put out. anyways thats my 2cents

cheerz...goodluck