1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Andy Kaufman is alive!!

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by Bitcount, May 15, 2004.

1. Bitcount

Bitcount Guest

Made ya look, haha.

Well it's may 15, 20 years to the day that Andy Kaufman "died" of lung cancer (he was a non-smoker). He talked about faking his own death several times during his career, and many of his die-hard fans believe that he is still alive and will come back today. He's probably dead, or he's masquerading as Ann Coulter. The point to this is that he's made himself into a legend, like a funny Elvis, refusing to be dismissed by history, even 20 years after his death.

Just in case: have any of you folks seen him around recently?

2. Frozilla

Frozilla Member

Andy Kaufman is dead. Marilyn Monroe is dead. Elvis is dead. Tupac is Dead. And so is everybody else that people say aren't dead. Andy Kaufman was okay, but a legend, come on. In that case so is Bob Sagat.

3. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

I saw pictures of him making out with Britney Spears in some night club last week.

4. gotisos

gotisos Guest

Actually: "Andy Kaufman died at 6:27 PM on May 16, 1984" not may 15, the only reason I know that is because he died the same day I was born Hey, maybe i'm his reincarnation ha!!!
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]___________________________
    /___/ / __/ /_/ // /__ /
    / __ `/ /_ __/ 0 // _ // / DAWN??
    / /0/ / __/ / / /__/ //_// /
    /___,_/_/_/_/_/____/_/_/_/_/[/small]

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2004
  5. gotisos

gotisos Guest

Damn keyboard

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2004
  6. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

But Frozilla, I thought you were Elvis. Arn`t you hiding out in retirment home some where fighting zobies with JFK :p

Yes I did look.

7. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

8. roeod4

roeod4 Regular member

II do agree that the man was funny. Even if most people didn't get him. I put him in the same class as Monty Python, some people just don't get it. I remember watching Holy Grail with some friends and laughing my ass off, and they all sat there like I was an idiot. Kaufman was funny, but he wasn't a legend. Everyone knows who Elvis was (or IS for the true believers out there...sorry) Elvis was a legend, but most have never heard of Kaufman. I bet if you go out and ask 10 people form different age groups, maybe 4 or 5 will know who he is. Everyone knows who Elvis was (or IS for the true believers out there...sorry) but most have never heard of Kaufman.

9. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

I guess only if people saw Man on the Moon would they even really remember. But Kaufman was great, Taxi and he basically created the WWF, but not too many would know that.

10. Bitcount

Bitcount Guest

Well it looks like we're gonna have to wait another 10 years. I guess Andy decided to stay dead this time 'round.

Frozilla, Tupac IS NOT DEAD!! How could he release new remixs every year if he was dead? There's no way his friends and mother could stoop to such low levels by exploiting his death, why that would be downright nutty!

11. donbrasco

donbrasco Member

12. Bitcount

Bitcount Guest

Well, until its reported by a few other news outlets, he's just a fat guy with sunglasses. Not that i think Yahoo is misleading, but i think if it was really him, you'd have his family and the casts of SNL and Taxi confirming it.

13. roeod4

roeod4 Regular member

That is just weird. I bet that is Bob Zmuda dressed up as Clifton going around trying to be Andy. I agree with Bitcount, until it is on Fox news or MSNBC then it is just a great big gag....again.

14. Bitcount

Bitcount Guest

Dude if Fox reported that the sky was blue, i'd step outside and to make sure for myself.

But i'm really sure that's not him (i could be wrong), but there would really be more of an uproar about it, and the feds would be after him too; faking your death is illegal in the US.

15. Motomatt

Motomatt Regular member

Andy is alive and well.. I got my picture taken with him and a couple of his ho'es in Vegas.....

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 20, 2004
  16. Frozilla

Frozilla Member

It's fake. That website has articles created by regular people like you and me. All u have to do is signup and u can create an article.

17. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

Bitcount, did you create that article? I wouldn't be surprised if someone read this thread and posted it on the Yahoo.

But I don't beleive it. Kaufman returns would be front page news in Canada. We put new speed bumps as front page news, so I think that story would be quite important.

18. Bitcount

Bitcount Guest

I can assure you i'm not the creator of that article, i found out about it after Donbrasco posted it, 2 days after i first posted this topic.

19. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

I assumed you didn`t start it, but I wouldn`t be surprised if it was some how inspired by the creation of interest in this disscussion.

20. JulieHP

JulieHP Member