1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BDRip to Xbox 360

Discussion in 'Blu-ray players' started by rnguyen, May 30, 2010.

1. rnguyen

rnguyen Member

Hi all, I browsed over the complete HD backup thread but there were so many different software programs that I'm unsure of which to use. I've downloaded a few BDRips via torrents/newsgroups and the problem has always been that the audio is a bit low on these rips. I'm not sure if it's due to the rip or not, but my setup at home is equipped with 5.1 surround sound which is what the audio is generally encoded for right?

I'd like to start ripping my own BD collection into Xvid format for streaming to Xbox 360. I know that I'll lose a lot in terms of video quality while using this method, but I've got a huge movie collection and sometimes I'm too lazy to dig through it to find a specific movie. I just set up a shared hard drive where I store everything and it's a lot easier to quickly find what I'm looking for.

I'd like the best possible solution for superb video and audio, emphasis on the audio. I've got bad ears so it kills me every time I get a rip with low audio output.

2. Riomj

Riomj Guest

You have a few options, unfortunately XBOX is a little specific with their codec usage. You can check here http://support.xbox.com/support/en/us/nxe/gamesandmedia/movies/videofaq/viewvideoplaybackfaq.aspx to get the full run down.

There are a few video converters with XBOX360 profiles included. AnyDvD converter and Xilisoft HD Converter. Also there's an freeware XBOX360 video converter which can be found here http://www.videora.com/en-us/Converter/Xbox360/

I hope that helps. I'm not sure if any of those have 5.1 support. Good luck.
    I use iSkySoft and it allows to turn the video file up a few notches.

3. rnguyen

rnguyen Member

Thanks Riomj!

I have a foreign movie in .avi format with subtitles in .srt. What program is the best for hardcoding the .srt into the .avi file so that I can see the subs when streaming to my Xbox?