1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Changing frame height

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by SSB, Jun 3, 2010.

1. SSB

SSB Member

I'm trying to change an AVI's frame height from 720x544 to 720x416, I've been told that you can do this through virtualdubmod by going into video>filters>add>resize and then entering the values there. Whilst this works I'm having trouble saving the AVI.

For some reason no matter what options I tick virtualdubmod splits the files into anything upto 700 different files comprising of each of the videos frames. I obviously just want the one video file with the corrected frame size. How do I do this?

2. davexnet

davexnet Active member

Instead of vdubmod, use the regular Vdub, or possibly Avidemux.

Not sure why Vdubmod is doing that, you must have a setting wrong somewhere.

3. SSB

SSB Member

Is there anything I could be doing wrong in Virtualdubmod? I don't want to download any more programs if I can help it.

4. davexnet

davexnet Active member

On the "file/save as" screen, make sure "segment output file" is not selected.

5. SSB

SSB Member

If I don't tick that Virtualdubmod resizes the frames but it makes the AVI into a massive file (around 16GB!) but if I tick that box so that I can limit the file size it does not keep the AVI as one file and I'm left with several hundred different files like I mentioned.

Is there any option to keep the output file as a single file and limit the size of it?

6. davexnet

davexnet Active member

You're misunderstanding something basic (we've all been there).
    If you don't set a video compressor for the re-encode (such as divx or xvid)
    it encodes the file uncompressed RGB which is a massive.

Before you save the file, go to video/compression and configure divx or xvid to your
    liking. OK out and then save.