1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

computer crashes when playing AVCHD

Discussion in 'Blu-ray players' started by broughsta, Jun 4, 2010.

1. broughsta

broughsta Guest

i dont know why, when i play them off the harddrive they are fine. but when i burn them to disk the computer makes a whale of a noise and crashes every 15 mins

i think my computer may be getting too hot, so ive attached a print screen of diagnostics.

what do you think
    kind regards damien

http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=gxKnSn9

2. 13echo4

13echo4 Regular member

I ncould"nt make anything out in your image. When yoyu say crashes in 15 minutes, has it been playing for 15 minutes or is the drive spinnning up for 15 minutes. The whale of a noise sounds like to me the drive spinning up. Being louder than normal could be the drive itself but w/ it crashing after a period of time can it be that you have more than 1 media player or program trying to start up when you close the tray? I've had this issue several times where vlc, nero, and wmp all tried to open a disc at the same time. Talk about total lock down. The cure if this is your issue is to set in startup for the app you dont want to start automaticly to not start at boot. People will say you can just configure your apps to not start in there own settings. yea for a day or 2. Then somehow they always seem to all want to start again. I dont mind double clicking on the shortcut of the app I want to use for the disc in the tray.