1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how to backup a securom game with alcohol help please

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by pete1987, Jun 14, 2010.

1. pete1987

pete1987 Member

Hi
    I am trying to backup RCT3 Deluxe edition, I want to be able to play it on others computers that I own, but it is protected by Securom. I am using Alcohol 2.0.0(Build 1331) and here is details detected by it -

PiD Version 0.0.0.1
    Drive scan on (E:) PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-116D (1:0)
    Scanning the medium in the selected drive.
    Securom 7 (or higher) detected (000000008)

I have tried to copy it by using the securom *NEW (4/5/7) setting for reading and burning, I have set my Read speed at 8x, I have set Datatype securom *NEW (4/5/7) setting again and 4x (Buffer under technology and burn RMPS to recordable media are tick with the settings), Than I am asked for the DPM measuring speed I set this to 6x (Anything under and it seems to Fail for some reason), it reads and then I burn it I can get it to work and the computer that I am running alcohol on with "Ignore Media" Type And "RMPS Emulation" tick but I can’t get it to work on my other computer as I get the following error messages "please insert Original Disc instead of a Backup. See www.securom.com/copy for more details", have I done something wrong for this not to work on my others computer (as I think I backed up the Sims 3 in the same way and I can install and play the game from a backup)

Any help would be appreciated thanks Pete

2. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

Sims 3 might have a different securom protection than RCT3. Back in the old'n days we could bypass securom with "RMPS Emulation" and be able to play but things have changed since then and alcohol does not do what it used to do (sad to say).

There are no burners that can give you a true 1:1 backup of securom protected games so we can throw that out the window. The only way we can do things now is a "No-cd krak"

Sorry to say Pete....you will not be able to make a working backup of this game.

3. pete1987

pete1987 Member

ok thanks for the fast reply, a backup would of come in useful as disc do scratch easily