1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Various Errors - ATI Radeon HD 3650 AGP (SOLVED)

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by dougal79, Jul 25, 2010.

1. dougal79

dougal79 Regular member

I'm having a few problems with my graphics card (ATI Radeon HD 3650 AGP).
    Everything was running ok until this morning when i got some error at startup saying something like "The power adaptor is not attached to your graphics card".
    The adaptor obviously was attached & after pressing reboot a few times i was back in business.
    Or so i thought...

On getting to the desktop i got a pop up that said something like "No ATI graphics driver is installed".

I could see it was still in Add/Remove programs & program files, but in device manager it had a yellow exclamation mark.
    I uninstalled the driver & used Driver Cleaner Pro to remove everything to do with ATI & tried installing various drivers & hotfixes with no success.

Anyone any ideas ?

Cheers

2. KillerBug

KillerBug Active member

I would look closely at the power connector. Sometimes the solder cracks and becomes loose, causing errors like this. It is an easy fix if you have a soldering iron.

3. dougal79

dougal79 Regular member

The power connector on the GPU seems a little slack.
    Done a fresh install of Windows XP & everything seems to be fine again.

I ran the 9.6 Hotfix until it extracted to C:\ATI & then went through Device Manager & installed the driver manually.

Just need to be more careful when unplugging the power connector in future >.<