1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVDXCopy RF to RI (Ripper Included)

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by PsiDOC, May 22, 2004.

1. PsiDOC

PsiDOC Member

***** Note: this was discovered by xbadboy2 whom came to me to test this, so all credits are due to him *****

The rip free version CAN be rip enabled by changing the bouducon.dll for a rip enabled version of the same file. I recommend using the bouducon.dll file from XCopy platinum version 4.0.8.3 (bouducon.dll version 1.3.5.103) as it seems to be the last version that had the ripper before it was castrated.
    After some serious testing (and a lot of Guinness!) I can safely say this will work on all RF versions to date, having tested to the best of my abilities.
    Another bonus is NO Annoying DVD BACKUP screen with the RF version, which kind of makes my little proggie redundant now! lol

**** Edit ****
    I have made a file patcher that adds the CSS rip functionality to the RF versions of XCopy so no copyrighted .dlls have to be hosted. Download to your XCopyRF folder and run the patch!
    Download here: http://321rip.tripod.com/

*** Edit *** 11/06/04
    I have re-written the patch to be more intelligent, as some seem not to be able to find the correct folder to execute the patch in. Well if the installation was performed in the dafault location then the patch will do the work for you. If it's not it will prompt you to locate it manually.

FAQ's
    1: Will this patch work on the non Ripper Free (RF) version and remove the Oh so bloody annoying "DVD Backup" Screen??
    Answer: NO! This patch is designed to Re-Enable the ripper in the RF version, which does not have the "DVD Backup" screen. Use 321Gone! for all non RF versions of XCopy Xpress, or (If you can) Upgrade to the RF and patch using 321RIP!

2: Does 321RIP! work on the Platinum and DVD Xtreme RF version??
    Answer: Yes 321RIP works on ALL RF versions to date.

3: Can I remove the Ripper after patching??
    Answer: Yes. a backup of the file is made before patching. Simply delete the bouducon.dll file and rename the bouducon.bak file to bouducon.dll (Although god knows why you'd want to do that!).

Regards,
    Psi

_
    _
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]PsiDOC... Poking the DMCA with a stick, then running away.[/small]

Last edited: Jun 11, 2004
  2. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

Holy crap!! Hats off to xbadboy2 and PsiDOC. Tested also. v4.0.4.15RF now rips. Great job guys.

3. flip218

Quote:
    I recommend using the bouducon.dll file from XCopy platinum version 4.0.8.3 (bouducon.dll version 1.3.5.103)

XCopy Platinum v4.0.3.8 can be found at http://www.filesearching.com , search dvdxcopy.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]Dell 8250, Pentium 4 2.80GHz
    1.5 GB RDRAM, 200GB HD
    TDK 840G, Sony DDU-1612 DVD-ROM
    XP Pro, ATI All-In-Wonder 9000 Pro

Gateway 450, Pentium III 450MHz
    384 MB SDRAM, 160GB HD
    NEC 2100A, LiteOn LTD-163 DVD-ROM
    XP Home, 16MB nVidia RIVA TNT[/small]

Last edited: May 22, 2004
  4. flip218

My results: XCopy v4.0.4.15RF

v4.0.4.15 now rips. used in advanced mode. backup tested and works. No, I repeat no "dvd backup" message in the beginning.

5. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Most excellent work there Jeff (xbadboy2), Congrats on work well done !!

Many will benefit from your work, stand tall, be proud :D)

Pete

6. siber

siber Regular member

This also works in the DVDXtreme Suite which has Xpress (without Ripper). Once you can 'fix' DVDXpress within that suite by copying and pasting the 'bouducon.dll v1.3.5.103' file into it, then the total cost of $99 makes (a little) more sense. Besides, this type of 'trick' makes for a lot of fun...Thanks again xbadboy and PsiDOC. Yip Yip...!

7. xbadboy2

xbadboy2 Regular member

I said I would not post but if you put that file in any RF that dvdxcopy has come out with it will work. Everyone knows where the log file is and thats where you put it (bounducon.dll). Thats it. Now you have the product you paid for. Now only if I could get the other bugs out. When I got my dvdxcopy I told them I but my movies from block-buster will I be able to make back ups I didn't know what RF was and they said yes you will when I get it and can not make a back up and call them they say thats the RF you will only be able to make back ups of movies that don't have css well every movie that I have seen so far has has css and didn't know about afterdawn. Thanks Jeff

SP. I have learned my lesson and thank you ScubaPete

8. siber

siber Regular member

xbadboy...: just for the record: you should only make back-up copies of Blockbuster movies that you BOUGHT there, not RENTED ones. That's what you meant, right?

9. xbadboy2

xbadboy2 Regular member

Yes I'm talking about the ones I own at block-buster they sell the used dvds for $10-$15 and thats what I told the man (DVDXCOPY)on the phone. So let me say it again I own the ones I'm talking about.

10. StanH1000

StanH1000 Regular member

What about file version 1.2.1.83 that originally came from XPRESS 3.02. Do you think it will work in the nerwer RF version they have posted as an "upgrade"?

11. PsiDOC

PsiDOC Member

Stan, read the 1st post edit. I have written a file patcher to do the work for you. DOwnload patch and enjoy.
    Regards,
    PsiDOC

12. StanH1000

StanH1000 Regular member

Thank you PsiDOC !
    I am glad that I can restore some use to the $70 product (less rebate, whenever) that I needlessly bought. The best thing I can say about my XPRESS experience was that I was forced to be educated about Decryptor and Shrink! Although not "one click and walk away", these freeware products are more reliable, less aggravating, allow for more "customization", and I actually find them more fun to use!

13. steff3

steff3 Member

PsiDOC,

Good to see you have made it back. That link you posted does not seem to work. Any thoughts?

14. PsiDOC

PsiDOC Member

Steff3,
    The link does work. Just tested it. Maybe Tripod is playing up.
    Regards,
    Psi

15. xbadboy2

xbadboy2 Regular member

I just tryed the link @ 5:01 and it worked fine.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]The only stupid questions are the ones you don't ask. If you don't ask you will never know.[/small]

Last edited: May 23, 2004
  16. brobear

brobear Guest

Thanks again xbadboy2. I changed out the bouducon.dll file manually. The Search function under Start will locate any and all bouducon.dll files on the computer. Created a new folder in the RF program and saved the file I replaced just in case I wanted or needed to put things back. Program works great. I just checked the fix at tripod, 7:25 am eastern, and it came up. Guess that would be easier for those that don't know how to swap files the old fashion way.

17. Newf

Newf Member

Can someone direct me to where I can download DVDXTREME so that I can try it out, I can't find the download section on dvdxcopy's website....

18. jim1812

jim1812 Member

First my apologies to PsiDoc for putting my queston in the wrong spot. Mea Culpa for not reading properly ... but at my age sight is the 4th thing to go! (lol) So here is the msg again for all to either assist or lambast.

PsiDoc: I "must be" out in the twilight zone because i cant get your program to work, so here i am asking for help. First, I am running DVD XCOPY Platinum version 4.0.3.8 (not the rf version) in the "simple" mode. I d/l'd your prog and placed it in c:\321studios\platinum file. Then I did as instructed (double click, etc) and found that the bouducon.dll now became .bak and a new bouducon.dll was in its place. When I attempted to burn a movie (thin red line), i still got the "DVD Backup" screen.
    What am I doing wrong?
    Also, while I also use DVDShrink and DVDDecryptor (both outstanding programs by the way) I occasionally have to use DVDXCopy but do not want the backup screen.
    Any assistance ... even a "long walk off a short pier" would be accepted.
    Thanks for your help. Jim1812

19. brobear

brobear Guest

Newf.
    321 doesn't give anything away that I am aware of. Never heard of any of their software being trialware.

Jim1812
    I can help out on this one. The bouducon file has nothing to do with the annoying 'Backup' disclaimer. The fix just activates the 'Ripper' in the RF version of the software. The RF version of the software is the one without the 'Backup' disclaimer. So if you want to eliminate the Backup, you have to get the newer RF program loaded and then run the fix. What you did was access a ripper that was already accessed. In other words the fix was no good for your program as you already had a ripper.

Now back to them square pegs and round holes.

Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2004
  20. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Hi there jim1812,

I believe I can be of some assistance,

I have this little program called 321 GONE !!!

It "Blows away” that little "Warning Screen" and it's right here -

http://psidoc0.tripod.com/

PSIDOC RULES !!!

BTW, Welcome to the A/D Newbies Newbies Club !!!

Cheers :p)

Pete