1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

artifacts in Lagarith + UT; cannot import into HC Encoder

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by cinefilm, Sep 24, 2010.

1. cinefilm

cinefilm Member

Hi. I have a 157-minute movie that I’m trying to lossless-export in sections from Premiere Pro 2 as an AVI, then transcode in HC Video Encoder to MP2 for authoring in TMPG Authoring Works 4. The final use will be factory-replicated DVDs to play on TV. TMPG works fine, but I cannot get Lagarith or UT Video codec to function without introducing artifacts into my AVIs. With Lagarith, these are rough horizontal white flashes (less than 1 second) in the upper quarter of the screen (upper letterbox area), and in UT Video (RGB), color flashes (less than 1 second), usually in the lower letterbox or entire frame. I’ve tried various settings of the codec and usually choose Maximum Bit Depth. Most of the resulting AVI looks excellent, but I don’t want to introduce artifacts. Under what conditions would these codecs produce artifacts? How can I avoid them? I do not mind huge file sizes for lossless encoding.

To complete my tale of failure, I downloaded HuffyUV220 and HuffyUV MT712, but neither codec found its way into my Premiere export compressor settings, so I could not try them.

With HC GUI (including versions 0.23, 0.24, 0.25), despite numerous attempts, I’ve not been able to import an AVI; I always get “error loading Avisynth script, Script error: there is no function named “SetMTMode” (F:\Exports\premiere.avs, line 1.” The wording of this error is different from the script that I type in Notepad and place in my F:\Exports folder, along with a clip ending with “post.avi”:

SetMTMode(2)
    AviSource("F:\Exports\post.avi")

Am I doing something wrong in terms of workflow? Is there another Avisynth command that I could try? (I am new to scripts.) All suggestions will be most welcome. Thank you!
    XP Home, SP3…Intel DG965WH mainboard…IntelCore2Duo 2.66GHz…4GB RAM…88GB free on F:\

2. davexnet

davexnet Active member

Do you have mt.dll in the avisynth plugins directory ?

Not sure about the artifacts. Have you tried a test render in some other product
    in case it's an issue with Premiere ?