1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Recording from cassette to CDR or to computer?

Discussion in 'Audio' started by Mrlovkim, May 29, 2004.

1. Mrlovkim

Mrlovkim Regular member

I have all this audio on cassette and want to put it on cdr or even on the computer,does anybody know if I can do this and if so what do I need to buy to accomplish this, I use to own a cdr recorder that recorded from other sourses like radio and tape decks but it broke and the store replaced with another that does not do this.

Please someone help.

2. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

connect a wire from the headphone jack on your tape deck (portable or home system or whatever you choose) into the microphone or line-in port on your sound card. use Audacity (it's a freeware program)to record the audio while it plays on your tape deck. Split it into tracks,save it as an mp3 or wave file, and burn it with any burning program, like RecordNow, Alcohol, or Nero. the wire can be found at Radioshack or even Wal-Mart. it simply has two male end on each end of the wire, both sized to go into a headphone jack. it worked for me, anyway.

3. Mrlovkim

Mrlovkim Regular member

Can I also use Nero to tape from the tape deck or do I have to use Audacity?

Also connecting to sound card, does that mean I need to open my computer or do I connect to the back of my computer to one of those plugs?
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]Al[/small]

Last edited: May 30, 2004
  4. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

yeah, you can use Nero; i simply had no success with it. one of the plugs on the back should be usable. you don't have to open your compie.

5. Mrlovkim

Mrlovkim Regular member

Ok I will try, the only problem I live in Holland and I hope I can find this cable,I will try Nero and if it does not work I will try the other.

Also I have to go buy a cassette deck, mine is back in the USA....LOL