1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Split 1 large MP3 into multiple tracks

Discussion in 'Audio' started by Martyzzz, May 29, 2004.

1. Martyzzz

Martyzzz Member

Hi ya'll
    I know how to split an mp3 into multiple mp3 files but can anyone tell me how to split a mix (about 120 min) into multiple tracks so i can select a different part of the mp3 in my CAR MP3 PLAYER and that if i play the complete mp3 the mix wont stop for a sec between the tracks.

Thnx Martyzzz

2. Mick69

Mick69 Guest

3. Martyzzz

Martyzzz Member

THNX !

I'll Try right away

Maybe stupid of me but has anyone have an idea how to backup an original cd with multiple tracks into mp3 format and when i play the backedup mp3 cd onto my car mp3 player there wont be any breaks between the tracks. the original cd is a mix that continues all the time but when i backup the cd and play is there are breaks between the files.

Greetz Marty

4. Martyzzz

Martyzzz Member

Well i tried but it didnt work.
    All i could do was split the large mp3 file and burn it as multiple tracks on an mp3cd.
    When i played it in my car there were like silences between the tracks.

I know how to split an mp3 file and burn it like a normal audio cd and get rid of the silences between the tracks but i still dont have the answer to above question.

Is there a way to make multiple tracks in 1 large mp3 and still burn it like an mp3 file and when it plays in an car mp3 player there will be no silences between the tracks ?

Greetz

5. Mick69

Mick69 Guest

what like 1 second of silence?? with an mp3 disc your gonna have to put up with that pause (unless some1 else has another solution), the only way i can suggest is you turn the disc into normal cda format and select the no pause between tracks option with nero, but seeing you already know how to do that, well im all outta ideas

goodluck..cheerz

6. riprat

riprat Member

7. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

If you're ripping directly from a CD then all the tracks should already be split and all you have to do is choose the format you want. What you are referring to is a collection of songs that were recorded into one large file often referred to as a wrap-around. Wraps are usually stream recordings that are from a music service such as Rhpsody or an internet streaming radio service. You will have to manually cut or seperate each tune if you want to be able to skip through individual tracks, or record 1 song at a time. It's illegal to record streams from Rhapsody.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]"Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth." Sherlock Holmes (by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, 1859-1930)[/small]

Last edited: May 31, 2004
  8. Mick69

Mick69 Guest

thats a nice little plug in riprat i might give it a whirl

9. Martyzzz

Martyzzz Member

Mick, u are right if there is no other option i think i just have to live with the fact that in this modern age of computertechnology we cant split an mp3 file.

Thnx Riprat, but i think that utility is for burning normal audio cd's (cda) and not for audio in mp3 format.

Sophocles, the mp3 file i was reffering to is a mix from a local radiostation in the netherlands (i also live there) and here it's completely legal to put that on a cd and listen to it.

Well sure hope some1 else has an idea.

:) greetz

10. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

You can split files it just takes a little time and effort to learn to use the software.

11. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

Oddly enough, we can do the same from radio here as long as we're not stepping on someones copywrite.

12. Martyzzz

Martyzzz Member

So if im right u are telling me there is a way to let multiple mp3 files play without breaks or 1 mp3 file with multiple tracks in it ?

is it with the software riprat was talking about (foobar2000) ?

13. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

You can edit the files by locating and marking the silence between the lead in and lead out of a song which allows you to seperate it from the whole. You should be able to do it with Mp2directCut you just need to understand the software. You will note that when you load the software and gaze to the bottom left there are options for cut (like in scissors), edit, and most importantly, set begin and set end Yyou choose the beginning and ending points in the music you want to cut. In the center just above the Nav (navigation no doubt) there is a slide bar that allows you to manually scan the file you want to edit, or you can use the Nav controls. Quickly scan through the music using the slide bar (listening all the time) until you find the end of a song and then estimate the length of silence that is there or you would like and set it as a point to cut.

14. Martyzzz

Martyzzz Member

Thnx sophocles, But in my mp3 there are no silences at all. you see its a 2 hour long mix with nonstop music and i can (and have already, and still got the original large one) split the mp3 into multiple mp3's but if i burn it like that the silences between the tracks appear.
    So i thought i should leave the mp3 in 1 piece and edit it or something so my car mp3 player can see multiple tracks in the large mp3 file.
    I think it just isnt possible to do what i want :-(
    Hope im wrong !

15. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

Then you either keep it as it is or find a point that you can perhaps slicing it with 3 or more songs per point. A silent spot may only happen after 3 or 4 tunes but trust me it doesn't go on continuously without a break or it would be unlistenable.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]"Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth." Sherlock Holmes (by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, 1859-1930)[/small]

Last edited: May 31, 2004
  16. Martyzzz

Martyzzz Member

I think u are right, i was thinking the same already !

Ill find the quit bits in the track and just split it there.

Might be a cool idea for software writers to come up with a tool that can do the above, lol

Thnx for you help and ill get on with the splitting than

Cheers !

17. Mick69

Mick69 Guest

ahhh yeah i didnt read it properly, that plugin is only 4 makin cdas from mp3z, which is really stupid because you can just select the no pause between tracks option in nero itself, but anyways. and yeah as sophocles saids with mp3directcut, or whatever find spots in the track where the music is less intense so the pause is alot less noticable.

cheerz
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]I'MMM GEEKIN OUT!!!![/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2004
  18. Martyzzz

Martyzzz Member

lol mick, kind of stupid we cant make tracks in an mp3, would be great if we could !:)!

Does anyone know a reason why we cant and is something done about it?

Ill just browse through all my mp3's and cut em in the low noise level parts, once again ..... 2 bad !

Greetz

19. niamh

niamh Member

hi martyzzz , thanks for the redirect :) i'd figured what you wanted, just thought it was possible :) if it isn't that's the first thing nero can't do AFAIK :D (btw on quick glance, nero wave edit, definitely has a pause marker, where you can set your own noise threshold)
    Other than that it doesn't seem possible without splitting to various mp3's :-/

20. Martyzzz

Martyzzz Member

Yeah Niamh, i already started walsing through all the mp3 mixes and CUT em where i can. Not the most convenient way but hey its better than nothing.
    for now we can only just hope.....
    Cheerz :)