1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VM Frequency

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by balcee, Nov 22, 2010.

1. balcee

balcee Regular member

Hi guys

Sly Sports 1 & 3 and around 4-5 Asian channels are missing. I believe these all run on the same frequency. Would anyone be kind enough to me frequency number please?

I am in Sheldon, Birmingham.

Thanks

2. scandalu

scandalu Guest

if ya got the right firmware and direct cable from wall(no splitter) you will pick up the channels.....just out of curiosity...whats with buying the older starview?

3. balcee

balcee Regular member

Cheers. I'll try it again...in the event of it not working due to dodgy cable or poor transmitter, would you happen to know what the freq is so I can do a manual search?

As for the older starviews, I need a handful of freeview boxes to set up in a caring home I'm currently doing some work at. They don't need movies or sports, but something a bit more than 5 channels would be nice...

Simple pleasures and all that :)

4. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

if I am right, you wont get more than 5 chans on the older boxs, you will actually get more chans by plugging the cable direct into the TV, these are not freeview boxs and dont work like that. If you are scanning the box on a weak cable feed, you will miss the transponders, as scandalu says above, you need to have the box getting a proper feed

5. balcee

balcee Regular member

Thanks Mickah. I have tested the cabling perfectly and the main looks very good. Would u know where I could get my hands on local freqs for Sheldon, B'ham so that I can do it manually?

Cheers scan - any idea when I can collect the boxes?

6. balcee

balcee Regular member

Hi allZ. I'd be grateful if anyone could answer this. I need the VM frequency for Sly Sports 1 in Sheldon, Birmingham. This frequency also runs another 7-8 channels.

I'd be very grateful for some assistance urgently.

7. e45

e45 Regular member

if you are using a A780 box get the correct net id from your providers box and you will get all your channels