1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

windoes 98 verses 98 SE

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by rahu, Jun 3, 2004.

1. rahu

rahu Guest

I have windows 98, with a 266 MHz, AMD K6, processor, that is fine on the box
    ( new Mad Dog 4-in-1 Dominator ) but on the box it also calls for windows 98 SE, and I spoke to a member of their tech staff who said the drive and all it's software would work on my system.
    Is ther anyone out there who has or knows of simular situation or has used the Mad Dog Dominator 4-in-1 on like system, or any help as to if this drve will work properly in my system with Win 98 instead of the recomended Win 98 SE, or posible problems I could encounter? Thanks

2. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

1. What is the Mad Dog Dominator?
    2. The only foreseable problem with Win98 is that it may not have the drivers available by default for that device although im sure you could find drivers easily

3. RedAnt

RedAnt Regular member

Windows 98 se was just a few small updates that were prepackaged on to windows 98 (and sold as a up-grade,you just have to love Micro$oft).Just do a windows update (and install the latest IE 6.0 or whatever it is now and you should be ok.

4. JohninTN

JohninTN Member

XP is much more stable than either of them..I wish I had nmade the jump a long time ago...

5. Jeanc1

Jeanc1 Guest

The DOMINATORâ„¢ 4-in-1 is a good Internal 52X CD-RW
    16X DVD-ROM Drive - for the money you are spending less then 60$US - i have a few friends using it on AMD 266 with no problems -- Windows 98 may not install the drivers for you but that should not cause any problems as the drive comes with a setup that will put those drivers in for you .

One word of caution to you -- DO NOT try to burn at higher speed then 24X -- !