1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Displayport to HDTV

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by lucy84, Dec 9, 2010.

1. lucy84

lucy84 Member

I cant find any threads that answer my question so if you know of one please post a link.

My question is: I have a DELL latitude E6410 and a Phillips HDTV. The laptop has a displayport so I found on the DELL website and by recommendation a Displayport to HDMI converter which I can connect to a HDMI cable which connects to the tv.

The TV says no signal when I've connected everything up, any ideas please?

I got the impression from other discussions that I've read that I just had to hook them up and then hey presto...

Thanks in advance...

2. attar

attar Senior member

3. lucy84

lucy84 Member

thanks Attar, that was really helpful!

I've come to the conclusion that I need the driver 8.16.11.8974 by windows. I can only find it through driverdetective which costs money to buy so I'm wondering does anyone have the driver that they could send me please?

4. attar

attar Senior member

5. lucy84

lucy84 Member

well i gave up trying to find it and allowed windows update to look for updates because I knew it would find a drvier for the gpu...amazingly, unlike the first time i allowed it to search for a driver it chose the one i needed and now i can watch internet on my hdtv wohoo! just have to work out how to get the audio transferred over to the tv but i have some speakers to work in the mean time....

thanks for your help and anyone reading this...the new driver does definitely work but dont forget to change your resolutions etc as explained on the nvidia website technical support.