1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd encode and burn

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by mbez, Jan 15, 2011.

1. mbez

mbez Member

i have always used nero 7 to both encode avi and then burn them in one go using TDK dvd-r disks but was getting more and more poor burns such as audio problems.
    after someone pointed me to dvdflick which then uses imgburn, all seemed fine although it took much longer.
    however i have burned a few disks now that have audio problems with the sync side of things. the odd thing was that one disk that WAS out was then replayed later and WASNT out so i thought it to be the dvd player. after trying another player though it was still out.

is this sounding like a problem with dvdflick, imgburn, the disks or even the players?

2. attar

attar Senior member

DVD Flick saves it's output to a folder on the HDD.
    Play those files using a decent media player like VLC or MPC.
    If it's out of sync, then there was a problem with the encoding.

If it's disk that's out of sync, then make sure you are using decent media - Verbatim DataLife Plus are decent media.

3. mbez

mbez Member

cheers attar, i will check the encoded files however, i always use TDK and havent had any problems particularly but it may be a bad batch.

4. mbez

mbez Member

checking the encoded video, if the audio is out, it is very minor. so minor that i am not sure if i am just imagining it. again i am sure the TDK disks i use are fine, could it be these though? if not, the dvd player?

5. attar

attar Senior member

This assumes that you have the latest DVD Flick:
    If you play the encoded files saved to the HDD by DVD Flick and you think that you notice an out of sync, re-encode but this time in the DVD Flick Audio settings, check the box for 'Ignore audio delay for this track' and satisfy yourself that the audio is synced..

Edit Title > Audio Tracks > Edit

Last edited: Jan 16, 2011
  6. mbez

mbez Member

cheers mate, will give a go