AfterDawn Forums
These messages are comments to this news item:

Sony unveils New Generation Portable (PSP 2)

news article released on:

After years of rumor and speculation, Sony has finally unveiled the PSP2, for now dubbed the 'New Generation Portable (NGP).' For controls, the handheld adds dual micro-analog sticks, giving gamers a feature they begged for on the original PSP. The device has a massive 5-inch multi-touch OLED screen with 960544 resolution, a multi-touch panel on the back and will run on a quad-core ...

Read full article

This discussion thread has 47 messages.

This is the way it should have been the first time!!! Two analog sticks, as soon as it is jailbroken I will get one. But real talk this thing is a beast! Quad core cpu and a quad core gpu is just crazy. Wonder how the battery is.
This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 27 Jan 2011 @ 3:28

▼▼ This topic has 46 answers - they are below this advertisement ▼▼
AfterDawn Advertisement
Originally posted by biglo30:
This is the way it should have been the first time!!! Two analog sticks, as soon as it is jailbroken I will get one. But real talk this thing is a beast! Quad core cpu and a quad core gpu is just crazy. Wonder how the battery is.
to be honest i will buy on release but i know after a couple of months or 1 year they will release a slim version. 2nd i dnt care bout jailbreaking the psp2 if there are great games and apps. sony really got it right this time. finally :) i love it. but doubt it will be cheaper then the 3ds which i thought was ridiculous (the price.
Still have my PSP (Star Wars edition). Definitely going to get this when it comes out. Looks like you can even borrow games from one another.
Originally posted by Invasian:
Still have my PSP (Star Wars edition). Definitely going to get this when it comes out. Looks like you can even borrow games from one another.
by borrowing you mean sharing each others psn accounts. not a smart option with complete strangers, but very smart with close friends.
there saying that this is as powerful as the ps3,if it is,yea im going to get one,

microsoft after a ban wave
It looks astonishing IMO.
I'll buy it for sure, but i will wait for some Hardware revisions first, about a year more or less.
There is very little to "hate on" with this handheld. It is what most long time gamers have been dreaming about, and then some (quad-core!). Biggest question still remains the price.

Quote:
The company is also introducing PlayStation Suite (PS Suite), meaning game content created for Android can also be played on the NGP.
Yeah, for about a year. Then Sony will remove it because "it promotes piracy".

I wanna devise a virus and bring dire straights to your environments. Crush your corporations with a mild touch, trash the whole computer systems and revert you to papyrus - Deltron 3030
I'm getting one ASAP. looking very good Sony.

To get instant assistance with Flashing / JTAG / Homebrew from experts for free! click me (Im not one of the said experts BTW)

Make poverty history, cheaper drugs NOW!
I know what I want for Christmas :)

Gonna cost like $600 though :P

*\\\****//\\\***//\\\*****
**\\\**//**\\\*//**\\\*******
***\\\//****\\\ ****\\\****
The specs and everything are nice. But the look ... it's so ugly.

Check out my "PS2 Slim Internal HDD" Its a slim ps2 with an internal hdd! Here
Also Check Out My "Pc In An Xbox" Mod. Theres a whole Pc inside of it! Here
Originally posted by DVDBack23:
There is very little to "hate on" with this handheld. It is what most long time gamers have been dreaming about, and then some (quad-core!). Biggest question still remains the price.
yeh i know no1 was expecting that , i understand know sony wants to win over the portable console market from nintendo and apple .
lissenup2 Suspended account
Originally posted by biglo30:
Comes with 12V motorcycle battery.
So how is the compatibility with original PSP games going to work? Don't want to have to buy the same games all over again.
Price and battery. Not that it's a huge issue, though. I'll save up from now til then and buy one with an extra battery if I have to! It's an absolute must have!
All they said about the battery is it last the most time powered on than any other portable device ever made. They never claimed if that was standby mode, full on functions activated or what. They never said what type of battery it is either. Just no other device can compare.
Hm... Sony should of this out by now rather than the psp go...

this should support 4g but why not?
This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 27 Jan 2011 @ 13:20
Dose it haz 2 mem slots so I can keep all saves on one? 4 hour bat life is a bit mehy since it uses flash and Oled.

TV out is a huge plus for me, all in all not bad, but the 400$ price point is going to suck :P

I bet 3/4G support will be dropped in the slim version to cut cost, just you wait!

At least its not a total let down like the 3DS.....
This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 27 Jan 2011 @ 13:52

Copyright infringement is nothing more than civil disobedience to a bad set of laws. Lets renegotiate them.

---
Check out my crappy creations
http://zippydsmlee.deviantart.com/
if its as powerful as the ps3 then it must surely get warm , i would like to know how they will stop that happening
I wonder how long the battery life going to last... I wonder if it's going to be powerful just like the 3ds... if so then it needs the charge kit that should come with the handheld for psp2
Originally posted by xaznboitx:
I wonder how long the battery life going to last... I wonder if it's going to be powerful just like the 3ds... if so then it needs the charge kit that should come with the handheld for psp2
4 hours.

Copyright infringement is nothing more than civil disobedience to a bad set of laws. Lets renegotiate them.

---
Check out my crappy creations
http://zippydsmlee.deviantart.com/
I'm sure getting the first they sell, since for sure will be the first to jailbrake, not like what happened with psp3000
I already start saving money for this, day one for me. I don't know why people have to wait till "jailbreak" and get one :eyeroll: It's nice, but I'm going to use my PSN account (I got a lot of games already and the PSP2 can play them :)).

Peace!
I thought that the new PSP was supposed to have cell phone capabilities. This one mentions nothing about it. Unless I missed it :S That was one of the biggest reasons I wanted one. I'm not a huge gamer, but I want a new phone. I've put off getting one, because I wanted the PSP phone.
Perhaps they're different devices then. PSP 2/PSP phone...

To delete, or not to delete. THAT is the question!
Hey Omegaman7, I think you're referring to the Xperia
http://androidcommunity.com/xperia-play-vs-sony-ngp-psp-2-ultimate-smackdown-20110127/

Two completely different portable gadgets :)

Peace!
This discussion thread has been automatically closed, as it hasn't received any new posts during the last 180 days. This means that you can't post replies or new questions to this discussion thread.

If you have something to add to this topic, use this page to post your question or comments to a new discussion thread.