1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question about VOB's with DTS

Discussion in 'Media tanks' started by audiss, Jan 29, 2011.

1. audiss

audiss Member

So here is my dilemma and let me say I thank anyone up front for suggestions. In the past I went about converting all my hd MKV's to VOB and splitting them in 4 gig parts to play on my ps3 I have like 4 Tb's of HD media most of it is in VOB format and has DTS. Now I don't play games anymore so rather then get another ps3 i just got a seagate media player. Works great on mkv's and dts but won't play the DTS audio on the VOB files i made. So i guess my question is am i screwed and have to re grab all these mkv's. or is there a way to convert the vob's with DTS back to mkv. oh and yea it would have to merge the 4 gig parts back to 1 mkv.

lmk if you have any idea's thanks much !

2. attar

attar Senior member

Have you looked at Handbrake.
    It can load DVD files and has options to passthrough or downmix audio.
    If your DVD source has chapter markers it will import them.

http://handbrake.fr/

Last edited: Jan 29, 2011
  3. audiss

audiss Member

I looked at handbreak but have not tried it yet. I was worried handbreak was made for real DVD vob's and these are not really real dvd vob's They are converted stricky for the purposes to allow the ps3 to play hd files because the PS3 can't play mkv's. I can try handbreak i was just worried it would not pull the DTS with it.

thanks for the reply