AfterDawn: Tech news

Angry Birds for PC available for free, limited time

Written by Andre Yoskowitz @ 31 Jan 2011 9:48 User comments (23)

Angry Birds for PC available for free, limited time
Curry's has started a promotion for the new Angry Birds for PC game, making it free for the first 15,000 users (or until March, whichever hits first).

NOTE: THIS PROMO HAS ENDED: The promotion on the external site has ended, but if you still want to play Angry Birds for Free on PC, then see this page: "Where can I get Angry Birds for PC for Free?"

The promotion starts tomorrow and will likely be over within 30 minutes so if you are a huge fan of the series, you may want to try to get in quick.

For instructions on how to get the game, for free, check this (via SD):

1) Click here
2) Download Intel App Up software from that link and NOT from Intel website.
3) Create new account and you will get notification in you browser that Angry birds is free to download.
4) Old accounts won't work.

Angry Birds has sold over 60 million copies via iOS and Android.

Previous Next  

23 user comments

131.1.2011 23:29

I want this

231.1.2011 23:30
pointless2906
Unverified new user

Finally

31.2.2011 07:55

Why not on Vista?

41.2.2011 08:16

That was a very short limited time. Angry Birds is not free they want $4.99 for it plus why do I need to install Intel's intrusive software just to buy APPs, pretty dumb. I will be uninstalling this crap ASAP.

51.2.2011 09:02

I downloaded the intelapp yesterday, and it told me I could not connect, so I figured I'll download it in the morning. Seems like it's no longer free after less than a day almost? Ridiculous.

61.2.2011 10:50

Originally posted by 21Q:
I downloaded the intelapp yesterday, and it told me I could not connect, so I figured I'll download it in the morning. Seems like it's no longer free after less than a day almost? Ridiculous.
Ridiculous is the amount of fans that they have, not anything else. 15,000 users is nothing if you think about all the websites that had this news posted up and how many avid fans there are out there. People love this thing. If you noticed, DVDback23 said that it would likely be over in the first 30 mins...and he was right.

71.2.2011 13:02

Originally posted by escalante:
Ridiculous is the amount of fans that they have, not anything else. 15,000 users is nothing if you think about all the websites that had this news posted up and how many avid fans there are out there. People love this thing. If you noticed, DVDback23 said that it would likely be over in the first 30 mins...and he was right.
No it is Ridiculous and the Intel APP store is a joke TOO!

81.2.2011 19:42

Originally posted by Mr-Movies:
Well, just leave it be then :-/. You're not forced to use it. If they're using bloatware, then that sucks, but all you have to do is steer clear of it and just play angry birds on your mobile :)

91.2.2011 21:36

Well, just leave it be then :-/. You're not forced to use it. If they're using bloatware, then that sucks, but all you have to do is steer clear of it and just play angry birds on your mobile :)
Wow great advice I would have never come to that conclusion without your help. Brilliant! LOL

102.2.2011 18:56
gamelova
Unverified new user

Wow great advice I would have never come to that conclusion without your help. Brilliant! LOL
I just bought the disk of it off ebay for my pc for $5.00 with free shipping.

113.2.2011 07:37
PC dave
Unverified new user

I got it free through the Newsgroups it works perfect, quite addictive.

124.2.2011 14:24
sushilss
Unverified new user

Hi!
I want this game.............

1314.2.2011 22:33
dianebumcrot
Unverified new user

Originally posted by PC dave:
so what site was that?

1414.2.2011 22:57

Originally posted by dianebumcrot:
Originally posted by PC dave:
so what site was that?
All you have to do is search for it!

I just found it here and used the 20 January 2011 post to DL it Hotfile worked for me, this is a portable version.

Portable Version

Full Version

Multiple Posts both Full & Portable
This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 14 Feb 2011 @ 11:20

1518.2.2011 12:32
jhouser
Unverified new user

i want this

1619.2.2011 06:37
13AK3D
Unverified new user

Originally posted by gamelova:
I just bought the disk of it off ebay for my pc for $5.00 with free shipping.
i got it for free on the pirate bay

1722.2.2011 16:49
the 1337 one
Unverified new user

the person playing the levels in the vid sucks.

1820.3.2011 09:21
jojo97005
Unverified new user

Looks like free angry birds for PC is available again, but this time on Best Buy at

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Netbooks/Intel-AppUp-Center/pcmcat221700050006.c?id=pcmcat221700050006

1921.3.2011 14:33
vista h8er
Unverified new user

Originally posted by bonville:
Why not on Vista?
lawl! cause vista is crap!

2030.3.2011 09:17
Webguylive
Unverified new user

Download Angry Birds free at http://www.AngryBirds-PC.com

217.5.2011 15:13
Lyngklipper
Unverified new user

good

2231.8.2011 06:49
khalo
Unverified new user

thank you

2312.12.2011 05:39
raghav1
Unverified new user

i want angery bird game :))

Comments have been disabled for this article.

Latest news

VLC hits milestone: over 5 billion downloads VLC hits milestone: over 5 billion downloads (16 Mar 2024 4:31)
VLC Media Player, the versatile video-software powerhouse, has achieved a remarkable feat: it has been downloaded over 5 billion times.
1 user comment
Sideloading apps to Android gets easier, as Google settles its lawsuit Sideloading apps to Android gets easier, as Google settles its lawsuit (19 Dec 2023 11:09)
Google settled its lawsuit in September 2023, and one of the settlement terms was that the way applications are installed on Android from outside the Google Play Store must become simpler. In the future, installing APK files will be easier.
8 user comments
Roomba Combo j7+ review - Clever trick allows robot vacuum finally to tackle home with rugs and carpets Roomba Combo j7+ review - Clever trick allows robot vacuum finally to tackle home with rugs and carpets (06 Jun 2023 9:19)
Roomba Combo j7+ is the very first Roomba model to combine robot vacuum with mopping features. And Roomba Combo j7+ does all that with a very clever trick, which tackles the problem with mopping and carpets. But is it any good? We found out.
Neato, the robot vacuum company, ends its operations Neato, the robot vacuum company, ends its operations (02 May 2023 3:38)
Neato Robotics has ceased its operations. American robot vacuum pioneer founded in 2005 has finally called it quits and company will cease its operations and sales. Only a skeleton crew will remain who will keep the servers running until 2028.
5 user comments
How to Send Messages to Yourself on WhatsApp How to Send Messages to Yourself on WhatsApp (20 Mar 2023 1:25)
The world's most popular messaging platform, Meta-owned WhatsApp has enabled sending messages to yourself. While at first, this might seem like an odd feature, it can be very useful in a lot of situations. ....
18 user comments

News archive