1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Input On DVD Rebuilder Guide

Discussion in 'DVD / BD-Rebuilder forum' started by vurbal, Jun 9, 2004.

1. vurbal

vurbal Administrator Staff Member

I was going to work on another update to the DVD Rebuilder guide tonight, but since it seems to be getting longer and longer (which is good because it means more features) I thought I'd see what people think about splitting it into 2 guides. It would mean having one guide for basic backups and another for advanced features and 3rd party programs. On the good side this might make it less intimidating for a newbie. I imagine starting to read a guide and noticing it has 9 pages might be a little intimidating. On the other hand, it means you don't have to read 2 different guides to find changes from previous versions.

Personally I'm fine with a single monolithic guide, but obviously I'm not writing it for my own use so if you have an opinion now's the time to speak up.

Edit: In case it makes any difference I expect to be adding another entire page to the advanced section of the guide.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a night. Set him on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life
    Backup A DVD With DVD Rebuilder & CCE Basic: http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/dvd_rebuilder_tutorial.cfm[/small]

Last edited: Jun 9, 2004
  2. swmiller

swmiller Guest

I think you should have an advanced guide including RB-Farm. RB-OPT, Ect Ect..... and a basics thread for the newbie's.
    The advanced stuff is only going to turn away the new guy at first, thats just my two cents anyway.

3. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

Alright Vurbal that's what I'm talking about, let the newbies' go to a newbie thread.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG]

"Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth." Sherlock Holmes (by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, 1859-1930)[/small]

Last edited: Jun 10, 2004
  4. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

We'll pick this one apart together with a solid group of testers.

5. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

Vurbal,

I think that is a great idea. Vurbal are you the creator of DVD Rebuilder? or just the guide?

6. vurbal

Just the guide. The author of DVD Rebuilder is Jdobbs from the Doom9 forums. I just stumbled across it during one of my visits there and started using it because it's a lot less work than doing it manually.

7. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

Hey! Flip, Vurbal has been working on a DVDRebuilder/CCE guide for some time. He wrote the guide that people are downloading from the aferdawn guide section and he was a good participant on the last thread " best 1 click transcoder." We learned a lot on that thread and a good number of us worked together to make an unbiased point (and had a lot of fun) regarding our choices, comparing picture quality between them. Now we can try this one, Cya.

8. bigorange

bigorange Active member

We are talking about CCE Basic, right? Not that 2,000 version.

9. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

But of course!!! I wouldn't spend that much ... No matter how good the quality. But for 58 bucks it was worth trying :)

10. bigorange

bigorange Active member

Alright guys, I'm in. I'm gonna go and get it right now. After thinking about it, I've got rebuilder so I'll just buy CCE, it's 58.00 and copy 2 is 80.00 (I also heard copy 2 causes problems with some. Hey flip, 15G's no problem, I just added 200.

11. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

Oh!Ok,first it's a 56 inch Mitsubishi, and now its! "Ramb-big-Orange,"first copy!

12. bigorange

bigorange Active member

I prefer Major Rambo please.(gonna need more than that if you guys keep coming up with more ways)
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG] [bold]GO VOLS![/bold]........Dell Media4600, XP home,Pentium 4 @2.80GHz/800Mz, 512MB, 280 HD w/8MB, 17" flat panel, AIO-A920, 8x DVD-ROM, integrated 5.1 audio, HP dc4000, Plextor PX-708UF[/small]

13. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

I think I will also get a copy, saves me from goiNg over and over again trying demos and trials. That's two, anyone else?
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG]

"Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth." Sherlock Holmes (by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, 1859-1930)[/small]

14. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

I still prefer copy2 for its picture quality and its speed and now I'm looking for a slow and steady app that forgets time and gets it right.

15. bigorange

bigorange Active member

Alright guys, I've followed all directions but this one
    . I downloaded the DVD2AVI and I cannot find this file. What a world, what a world. Any suggestions?

16. vurbal

17. bigorange

bigorange Active member

I can't get the link to work. Went to the home page, pasted /fixd2v/decodefix110.zip, with no luck. BTW, appreciate the help, you didn't know you'd be babysitting when you wrote it did ya?
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG] [bold]GO VOLS![/bold]........Dell Media4600, XP home,Pentium 4 @2.80GHz/800Mz, 512MB, 280 HD w/8MB, 17" flat panel, AIO-A920, 8x DVD-ROM, integrated 5.1 audio, HP dc4000, Plextor PX-708UF[/small]

Last edited: Jun 11, 2004
  18. vurbal

Try going to www.neuron2.net (where I assume you went before) and clicking the link that says Mine on the left side. Then scroll down until you find the link to the file. Make sure you don't get the 1.3 version because people have reported having problems with that version and Rebuilder.

And I don't think of it as babysitting. If you'd seen some of my students when I was teaching, that's babysitting. At least here I don't have to explain the difference between memory and a hard drive - for the 3rd time in a week!

19. bigorange

bigorange Active member

Gonna have to go, will do it when I get back(it's my B-Day and my wife's taking me to lunch, can ya believe it?) Oh yeah, what IS the difference between memory and a hard drive? lol lol lol

20. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

I purchased Cinema Craft Encoder this morning and then downloaded all the necessary software to get it up and runing with DVD Rebuilder. Setup DVDrebuilder and then I ripped lord of The Rings, The Two Towers because I thought I might want to start a little smaller than Return of The King. It came in just a little under 7.8 gigs. The rip time took 13 minutes, the preparation time, under 5 minutes, the encode, 2 hours and 27 minutes, and the burn 9 minutes the total time to completion was 2 hours and 55 minutes. The Burned backup is currently playing in my stand alone DVD Player and the result is near perfect. The MPEG2Dec3dg.dll file that was placed in the DVD Rebuilder folder was extracted from DVD2AVI. I didn't suffer a single set back of anykind.