AfterDawn Forums
These messages are comments to this news item:

Avast! Antivirus 6 released

news article released on:

AVAST Software a.s. has released new versions of its popular set of anti-virus and security products. Used by over 130 million users worldwide, Avast! Antivirus is one of the most trusted and recommended solutions for protecting against virus and spyware infections. Using the Free version of the software does not put you at any great disadvantage compared to the Pro version, which is ...

Read full article

This discussion thread has 8 messages.

bala007 Unverified new user
supperrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
▼▼ This topic has 7 answers - they are below this advertisement ▼▼
AfterDawn Advertisement
Holy! WTF?
I like Avast too, but that was quite an advertisement. I come here for news.

That aside, the Boot-Time scan is my favorite part about this program: incredibly powerful.

I watched the WWE thing. Hilarious.
link
Originally posted by bala007:
supperrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
OMG was that a Pet Detective quote? Great Movie, lol.
Originally posted by cart0181:
Holy! WTF?

That aside, the Boot-Time scan is my favorite part about this program: incredibly powerful.

link
It's not an advertisement, it's a quick review of avast! 6 no different than many other sites do when there's a software release. We've written stuff like this many times before man.
Originally posted by Dela:
Originally posted by cart0181:
Holy! WTF?

link
It's not an advertisement, it's a quick review of avast! 6 no different than many other sites do when there's a software release. We've written stuff like this many times before man.
I would like to say Thank You Dela for this thorough "review" of the new avast!. It has prompted me to switch from AVG to this.
the avast worked so well i decided to go for the paid version if not for the quality but for the integrity they offer to free users this is a great company and i would suggest paying for the software if you can,just my opinion

peace..
I have been testing this and it seems to me to work as indicated. Obtrusive things can all be turned on or off including the 'voices'. I do like the boot time scan but wish it were quicker, as it scans all drives by default and with a multi TB set up this takes several hours. It seems to use fewer resources than Avira during normal operation. So far, so good.
Appreciate it thanks, have decided to make the change from AVG free to Avast.
This discussion thread has been automatically closed, as it hasn't received any new posts during the last 180 days. This means that you can't post replies or new questions to this discussion thread.

If you have something to add to this topic, use this page to post your question or comments to a new discussion thread.